Free Digital Comic via Comixology (6/3/16)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone –

Marvel Puzzle Quest is finally on the Amazon Appstore. To celebrate the news, players that download Marvel Puzzle Quest on the Amazon Appstore between now and June 10th will receive a special digital copy of Amazing Spider-Man (2015) #1 via Comixology. Please note, the promotion is only for players that download the game on the Amazon Appstore between now and the 10th and the redemption code for the free digital comic will be sent via an email. Just follow the instructions in the email and the digital comic is yours! Have a great weekend everyone!

Download Link on the Amazon Appstore - http://www.amazon.com/D3Publisher-of-America-Inc-Marvel/dp/B00H3XYZEO

Comments

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was wondering when this cross-promotion was going to happen!

Have you considered anything like, if someone buys a digital comic through comiXology, and that specific issue is one of the covers used by an in-game character, then they get the MPQ character's cover? i.e. Buy Spider-Gwen #1 on comiXology and then get a Spider-Gwen redflag.png ?
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    mega ghost wrote:

Have you considered anything like, if someone buys a digital comic through comiXology, and that specific issue is one of the covers used by an in-game character, then they get the MPQ character's cover? i.e. Buy Spider-Gwen #1 on comiXology and then get a Spider-Gwen redflag.png ?

While that's not a terrible idea, they'd probably have to limit it. Imagine you could buy 13 copies of that issue of Civil War and get a maxed 5*.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    mega ghost wrote:

While that's not a terrible idea, they'd probably have to limit it. Imagine you could buy 13 copies of that issue of Civil War and get a maxed 5*.

Oh, absolutely. I'd imagine it as a one-off thing, i.e. you could only apply it to one cover per character, but perhaps a cover of your choice. I could also see it being used to get you special variant covers for your characters.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    mega ghost wrote:

It would actually be cheaper to buy the comics multiple times than it would be to attempt to straight up purchase the covers ingame.
    Makes you think, no?
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    _RiO_ wrote:
    mega ghost wrote:

It would actually be cheaper to buy the comics multiple times than it would be to attempt to straight up purchase the covers ingame.
    Makes you think, no?

Well a current printing of a comic is like $4 or so, compared to a cover for a 5* costing 720cp, or $10,300 worth of cp or hp purchases for one cover. So I can't see them willing to give one away like that. On the other hand, I think the variant cover thing is a great idea, though if they do that, I'd like a better way to share my collection with friends.
  • Ding
    Ding Posts: 179
    If they did that, they'd limit it to 3* and below or something