Unbalanced difficulty

Cad_Bane
Cad_Bane Posts: 21
No thats not another whining thread, I just wanna say it often happens to me that PvE missions which are shown green to me are unbeatable.
Right now simulation 4, Quicksilver 145, Blade 146 and Spider-Man 146 i tried 3 times always got wiped.
I used Wolverine 5* 270, Ares 168 and Thor 2* 181 - not a chance.

Its ok if i cant beat them but if so this mission should not get flaged as green for me from the system.
If the systems tells me that I should be able to win this battle and I dont even with my best chars then this game gets really annoying really fast!

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    The difficulty is based on numbers only, not composition. Total enemy level - 437, your total level - 619. You have almost a 200 level advantage. Your team there is not a good team.

Ares and Thor are basically the same character, you're totally overlapping there. Do you have OBW or Cstorm at a high level? If so, you should swap out one for one of the boys.

Edit: you are at a disadvantage here even if you do have higher levels because 3*s are stronger than 2*s at the same level. This would be a flaw in the "numbers only" difficulty rating system. I still think you can beat it with the right team though.
  • Mercalla
    Mercalla Posts: 94
    I'm getting destroyed by level 160 Fisk, IF, ScarWitch. My team is a 1 cover OML (black), and newly champed 2*'s just over level 100 (OBW, Ares, Storm). Even with the boosted Thor, I can't even drop one of those guys before they wipe me. Used up all of my health packs in 4 attempts. On the positive side, this gives me a LOT more time to find another game that isn't broken and is actually fun.

I sent in multiple requests and all I got back is apologies that I'm having a negative experience. I don't think there is any fix coming for the 1-cover 5* scaling a new players opponent levels. Oh, they did tell me to come read the forums to fix my problem.
  • Cad_Bane
    udonomefoo wrote:
    The difficulty is based on numbers only, not composition. Total enemy level - 437, your total level - 619. You have almost a 200 level advantage. Your team there is not a good team.
    You are calculating the numbers of the chars I used but the systems displays me the mission as green no mater what I will later use in this mission
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Ares and Thor are basically the same character, you're totally overlapping there. Do you have OBW or Cstorm at a high level? If so, you should swap out one for one of the boys.
    I am new to the game but I disagree with that statement. Ares red suck so I user Thors red power instead. Thors green is good but way too expensive I use Ares green because its great. Then Thor has yellow. So there is some kind of overlaping but they dont overlap in 2 great powers of the same colour they replace the bad one of the other char.
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Do you have OBW or Cstorm at a high level? If so, you should swap out one for one of the boys.
    No on OBW but yes on CStorm but if I use CStorm I have to use some Char who has higher blue than she has otherwise she gets the hits of the other team after she got a blue match. And due to her low health she gets down even before she can cast her blue spell.
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Edit: you are at a disadvantage here even if you do have higher levels because 3*s are stronger than 2*s at the same level. This would be a flaw in the "numbers only" difficulty rating system. I still think you can beat it with the right team though.
    Thats the point I do have some 4* chars as well but on a very low level with just very few spells, nothing useful at the moment and the system shows me the mission as easy which is false.
    Again I am fine with losing hard battles thats totally ok for me but if the system tells me this mission is easy, it should at least be doable, which is not!
  • Cad_Bane
    The same with the current Steve Rogers PvE mission
    Thor 4* lvl 117
    Iron Man 4* lvl 117
    Sam Wilson 4* lvl 117

My team
    I have to use Steve Rogers which is a 3* char boosted to 134 i have 1y 1r

then my 4+* chars I could use are:
    Wolferine 4* 1b lvl 70
    war machine 4* 1g lvl 70
    Thor 4* 1b lvl 70
    Hulk 4* 1black lvl 70
    Star-Lord 4* 1y lvl 70
    Sam Wilson 4* 1y lvl 70
    Miles Morales 4* 1p lvl 70
    Kingpin 4* 1p lvl 70
    Deadpool 4* 1b lvl 70
    Ant-Man 4* 1p lvl 70
    Wintersoldier 4* 1p1b1r lvl 78
    Spider Gwen 1p1r1y lvl 78
    Iceman 4* 2p lvl 86
    Elektra 4* 2b
    Iron Man 4* 2r1black lvl 90
    Mr.Fantastic 4* 2blue1y2black lvl 111
    OML 5* 1b lvl 270

There is no way I can beat them with my rooster but the system obvious thinks I can with that many 4* and 15* LOL