Seems community scaling is back in the sim

slidecage
slidecage Posts: 3,364 Chairperson of the Boards
my ess nodes were 136 last night.. closed out the game waited 30 mins reopened and it was still at 136 (to make sure no lag) just got up now and the ess are now 185.

this happening to anyone else

Moderator edit: clarified subject line.

Comments

• bpcontra
    bpcontra Posts: 176
    They're too hard to worry about...no sense grinding out ridiculously hard nodes for mediocre rewards.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    I don't know about community scaling, but my essentials are scaled higher than usual. For a while now, I hit 325 on the first of the "tough" nodes, but my essentials have been around 244. For this one, at least for the second sub (didn't notice in the first), my essentials are also 325. Not cool, especially vs 4*s.
  • slidecage
    hey mod thanks for spelling that out for me (community) was doing a few things when i posted this and was going to come back to get it ....

yeap 2nd round is a lot higher then first... like to know what is going on
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Well our metrics showed that we had increased participation when we went to time based scaling, so we implemented it in the Simulator for you. Working as intended, have fun and enjoy the weekend, it's 5:00 somewhere!"
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Same here, checked my score after my second clear this mornjng and noticed no one had the same scores at all...

PvE scoring and settings are kept somewhere in Bizarro world where nothing makes sense and it's all random.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    I thought things were tougher than usual, but wasn't sure if it was just my imagination. Combine this with the fact that I'd have to fight an uphill battle for an untold amount of hours for a rather underwhelming 4 star that I don't even have space for, and I lost my motivation to play this almost immediately.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    the left side of Sim sub 2 is brutal

I've wiped at least twice on each of those nodes. I think the bottom one took me 4 tries (sim 04). by the time I got to the final one (sim 07), I wasn't quite out of health packs, but I was out of patience.

I remember this event from prior runs. it sucks so hard
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I made a remark in a thread the other day that this game doesn't know what it wants to be. This is kind of what I was talking about:

We finally get an event that doesn't feature dark avengers as opponents. We keep asking for that so everyone should be happy right? Wrong.

I, personally, love these challenging battles. I like just barely making it out of a fight with a few hundred hp on a single character, it's a challenge. When you lose a couple times, that win feels that much better. The problem(S)? The grind and health packs. If you're going to have an event where the fights are this difficult, you shouldn't be expected to "grind" them for rewards. There needs to be fewer, better rewards for node completion. Also, they need a way to make these events health pack exempt. That's what makes them not fun, it's too stressful to run out of health packs and re-grind these battles. They would be fun if you didn't have those restrictions.
  • slidecage
    Be nice if someone would say something if scaling is on or not.. will see tomorrow if my ess nodes jump again
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    They probably did something to slow guys like me down. I only have 2 champion 4*s and one of them happen to be Goddess so I've been using her with Iron Battery and ripping through everything like tainted Chipotle. Buffed Godess is a straight killing machine.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:
    I made a remark in a thread the other day that this game doesn't know what it wants to be. This is kind of what I was talking about:

We finally get an event that doesn't feature dark avengers as opponents. We keep asking for that so everyone should be happy right? Wrong.

I, personally, love these challenging battles. I like just barely making it out of a fight with a few hundred hp on a single character, it's a challenge. When you lose a couple times, that win feels that much better. The problem(S)? The grind and health packs. If you're going to have an event where the fights are this difficult, you shouldn't be expected to "grind" them for rewards. There needs to be fewer, better rewards for node completion. Also, they need a way to make these events health pack exempt. That's what makes them not fun, it's too stressful to run out of health packs and re-grind these battles. They would be fun if you didn't have those restrictions.

Challenge should exist in single completion nodes. Beat them once, you get the reward and they lock. Or something like Gauntles with an increasing difficulty as you go along (though there shouldn't be scaling in Gauntlet but that's another story).

For PvE it shouldn't be *that* challenging. Certainly not "I cannot consistently beat this node without needing 3 health packs at the end" challenging.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    joined late and my essentials started in the 280s. yeah - glad I skipped that event lol.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm glad it was tough! Made it pretty easy to float in the top 100 without needing to do more than 3-4 clears per day! Or maybe I was in a n00b bracket. Anyway it's nice when RNG decides that you don't need to do 7+ clears/day just to win a single cover.
  • BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Community scaling or not, this was an odd new release event. I think I played the least I've played in a while and definitely not optimal and still reached top 10. Must have been in a lazy vet bracket.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    BigBZ32 wrote:
    Community scaling or not, this was an odd new release event. I think I played the least I've played in a while and definitely not optimal and still reached top 10. Must have been in a lazy vet bracket.

People must have been burned out. I only did 4-5 clears for each sub and easily finished in the top 100. Maybe the scaling kept people from grinding, I don't know.

My problem with scaling is that it shouldn't take into account locked characters. My OML is 150 levels above my next highest, so when I can't use him, that really hurts my roster. Then you had that 2* Thor essential against Wolverine so I couldn't use OML or my buffed Goddess. And I'm still having to face level 325 enemies? That's pretty harsh.

It's dumb when you're fighting characters that are buffed so you can't use them yourself. Like that fiasco when wolverine was buffed in EotS and you couldn't use him for literally half of the event.
  • mazerat
    mazerat Posts: 118
    BigBZ32 wrote:

I ground my butt off and took 44th. Basically everything wrong with PvE in a nutshell. I'd like to pick up a Jean cover but I'm tired of grinding for hours and getting top 100 in this zero-sum game--might just go for progression for a while and see if they make any changes.
  • slidecage
    i took 102 missing top 100 by 400 pts AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH