Vault staying open post-event now?

Smudge
Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Do mine eyes deceive me? The TaT vault is still open almost an hour after the event... I was able to use my post-event tokens in the same vault.

Is this another stealth boon to the players? ...Should I silence myself lest we lose this surprise benefit?

Can we get the +1 level button next???

Comments

• killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    another great change. i think it's a good thing considering people who have been in last end time would not be able to use the tokens they get after last sub/end event.
  • dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    Seems the vault will stay open allowing you to draw using the tokens you got from end of event. A good solution considering the alternative would be hoarding said tokens until they run the event again. I wonder if you would be able to buy a final discount token before the vault closes?
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    If only there was some way or place that the devs could tell us about these changes before they happen.
  • Madkine
    Madkine Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    You don't have to hoard them until the next run. You can still open them, but I have no idea how it selects the possible draws. In one instance I opened 4 covers post vault and pulled two 4 star covers.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a simple but much appreciated improvement. I sure hope it's not just an accident.
  • PeterGibbons316
    PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    dider152 wrote:
    Seems the vault will stay open allowing you to draw using the tokens you got from end of event. A good solution considering the alternative would be hoarding said tokens until they run the event again. I wonder if you would be able to buy a final discount token before the vault closes?

Yes, you can hit the daily deal again.

Can also buy 10s or 40s post-event if you want.

Really hope this is permanent, not just a one-time oddity.
    Oh man. This could be bad for me. I like to buy those 100 HP dailies for the couple of days that an event runs. If I can buy multiples of them every day my wallet might suffer.

This is a great improvement. Thanks!
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was happy to see that too! The rewards are usually given out when I'm asleep, so I was happy to see the vault still open, I still pulled a Moonstone, but the thought was there.
  • PeterGibbons316
    Oh man. This could be bad for me. I like to buy those 100 HP dailies for the couple of days that an event runs. If I can buy multiples of them every day my wallet might suffer.

This is a great improvement. Thanks!

You better believe I hit it 2. Saving up 2* covers again icon_e_wink.gif

Got to spend all that HP on something!
    I couldn't just completely get rid of this dude, he is ballin' out of control....
    a5.png
    My guess is that they won't keep these indefinitely. It would be the cheapest way to earn LTs if you could drop 100 HP/day for 80 days and be guaranteed one.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    This vault has said, for several days now, that the time remaining was 24h past the end of the event. Think it's pretty safe to say that the vault will go away in 16-ish hours. Still, glad they did this, and hope it wasn't an accident.
  • PeterGibbons316
    This vault has said, for several days now, that the time remaining was 24h past the end of the event. Think it's pretty safe to say that the vault will go away in 16-ish hours. Still, glad they did this, and hope it wasn't an accident.
    Good catch, didn't notice. This is an awesome change. It never did make sense to give out vault reward tokens after the event ended and the vault mechanic was no longer active.
  • mazerat
    mazerat Posts: 118
    My guess is that they won't keep these indefinitely. It would be the cheapest way to earn LTs if you could drop 100 HP/day for 80 days and be guaranteed one.

No it expires when the clock says it does, I'm sure.

I wonder if the clock indicated it was going past event end from the time the vault opened? If it did I didn't notice. Would never have thought to look for it.

Don't recall seeing this in any patch notes....or any mention of it in regards to any data push. A nice stealth change, but they missed a chance to toot their horns and snag some more player goodwill.

It always said 24 hours past, some people thought it was a bug or that TaT was a day longer than it is or whatever.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    OJSP wrote:
    I just noticed something else.

I'd like to add that according to the Simulator's token page, it is also still opened 24 hours after the end of slice 5.

I think it's probably safe to say, the TaT vault wasn't a mistake and all the Story Mode shop opening times are extended by 24 hours.
    I don't normally pay attention to the timers on the event vaults/tokens (because ends at event end no awesome rewards for you LOL), but it does seem like this was another stealth improvement.

Kudos, devs! Much much appreciated improvement. Is it fair to say that this is one thing we can all agree is awesome without any actual complaints for a change?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    This looks to be a permanent thing. I love it! It's nice that the final tokens don't go to waste, and it's actually great for D3 as well. I spend more HP on the game, since that's an extra day of daily deal tokens to purchase. So it works out well for both of us!