Pulled my hoard just after the changes, very pleased!

revskip
revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I was sitting on 783 CP and 7 legendary tokens and was thrilled to find out about the new drop rates since the only 5*s I had rostered were Green Goblin and IM46 each at one cover. I also have a Cap 5* in my queue but wasn't sure I was gonna add him. With 38 pulls I was hopeful that I could get at least 2 covers for each of IM and GG.

I'm firmly in 3* land with 10 champs and a handful getting close to max covers but since my 4*s were mostly uncovered I figured it couldn't hurt to just open everything in hopes of adding some utility to my 5*s and maybe getting a couple of 4*s in range of leveling. I had opened a total of 9 legendary tokens since I started playing but before I started hoarding and had the good fortune of being just above 10% for 5*s getting the Green Goblin cover.

Here is what I got:

4*
icon_warmachine.pnggreenflag.pnggreenflag.pngblueflag.png
icon_wintersoldier.pngredflag.png
icon_spidergwen.pngpurpleflag.png
icon_nova.pngyellowflag.png
icon_antman.pngpurpleflag.png
icon_carnage.pnggreenflag.pngredflag.pngblackflag.png
icon_deadpool.pngblackflag.png
icon_elektra.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.png
icon_jeangrey.pngpurpleflag.pngblueflag.png
icon_ghostrider.pngredflag.pnggreenflag.png
icon_nickfury.pngblueflag.pngblueflag.pngyellowflag.png
icon_venom.pngyellowflag.png
icon_professorx.pngyellowflag.png
icon_punisher.pngblackflag.pngblueflag.png
icon_kingpin.pngpurpleflag.pngblackflag.png
icon_invisiblewoman.pnggreenflag.png
icon_ironman.pngredflag.pngblackflag.png
icon_cyclops.pngyellowflag.png
icon_redhulk.pngredflag.png
icon_wolverine.pngblackflag.png

5*
icon_greengoblin.pngpurpleflag.png
icon_captainamerica.pngyellowflag.pngredflag.png
icon_ironman.pngredflag.pngblueflag.pngredflag.png

A great haul for me. The six 5*s were way more than I had hoped for, although I would have preferred not to draw the Cap covers since before I wasn't planning on rostering him and now I most likely have to. Still having my IM46 at 3/1/0 and Goblin at 0/1/1 is better than I had hoped for so no complaints at all.

The 4*s I managed to get two of the last three I didn't have rostered (just missing Thoress now) in Nick Fury and Ghost Rider. Both ended up with multiple covers. A little disappointed I couldn't pull a single Quake cover since she was my second most covered at 1/1/5 but was happy to avoid pulling the blue at least. Antman will now have some utility in PVE at 4/2/3. War Machine will also be worth leveling since I got that blue cover to help with invisibility characters which I assume will pop up in his DDQ4 and at 0/1/4 he should at least be able to pull off some board shake. The other cover I was real excited about was Jean's purple which I did not have before. All covers are useful for me and I probably won't be hoarding in the new future as the 4*s I have are still not going to drop too many covers I can't use.

Thanks for bumping up those 5 pull rates devs. This was a fun day for me.

Comments

• Gari
    Gari Posts: 92 Match Maker
    oh look at the sour pusses. so many views and yet not one congrats. May they drown in their vitriol. Great draw man.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    i pulled 5 and got all 4 stars

got kingpin yellow what i wanted
  • PeterGibbons316
    PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    I'm incredibly bitter that I'm not opening my stash as we speak.

I'm glad you waited OP - congrats on those pulls! Those IM covers will be really nice to have!
  • Thevipper
    Thevipper Posts: 90
    Congratz I just pulled on a classic got a yellowflag.png oml to go with my blackflag.png oml 1/1/0 now very pleased would have also been happy with red hulk or cyke to roster or redflag.png or greenflag.png the thing he's 1/3/1 to do his ddq probally need alot of redflag.png though
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    congrats! this is just one of the updates we are happy to have released. More great stuff coming that we are super excited for and know players will be happy with!
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nice, feels good when all the covers are useful isn't it?
  • RyanL24
    RyanL24 Posts: 54
    Congrats on the great pulls, and thanks for the info. I hadn't heard the odds changed. So I ran to MPQ to crack open my 5 Legendary Tokens and 80 CP.

Got 9 4*s, none of which I was excited about, and 2 which I couldn't use because I have 5 of them.

Now I'm going to go look for a Christmas tree to pee on.
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Just opened my first 20 CP classic today after changes and got OML black, yes please and thank you.
  • Congrats, I opened 12 latest tokens, I got 3 consecutive 5*'s.

I, like you, am very pleased with the change
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Congrats to OP for getting the lucky end of the stick. Both for the increased rates, and for the pulls themselves.

I got the other end, pulling useless 5* covers (2 blue covers for a 5/2/5 Surfer) and blowing my whole stash of CP under the assumption that the LT rates would go down as a reasonable person would do. ****.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Congrats, I opened 12 latest tokens, I got 3 consecutive 5*'s.

I, like you, am very pleased with the change
    I opened 12 Latest Legends too and got no fivestars.
    But then again I have gotten a much needed Phoenix Purple and Silver Surfer Red this week, so I'm not really complaining...
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    Cthulhu wrote:
    More great stuff coming that we are super excited for and know players will be happy with!
    Oh great. I can't wait to hear all about them the instant they drop and not a moment before! Nothing makes players happier than surprise changes that they can easily and quickly adjust to since it doesn't take days/weeks/months to gather enough ISO to level 3*/4*/5* characters there is no reason to plan more than a few minutes ahead!!!

icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif
    Actually this surprise change in particular felt pretty awesome to me, and I'm grateful. Don't speak for the whole player base icon_e_wink.gif
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Congrats to you!

I too pulled my entire stash of 1 Classic (okay, I have no idea how you all hoard icon_lol.gif )

And what do you know? Purple Phoenix makes her 3/2/3.

Gives me a great feeling going forward... icon_e_smile.gif
  • Diarchos
    Diarchos Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    BIG Grats dude really nice!
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cthulhu wrote:
    congrats! this is just one of the updates we are happy to have released. More great stuff coming that we are super excited for and know players will be happy with!

really hope its a shirt for dakken icon_e_smile.gif
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    Cthulhu wrote:

Good to hear, Cthulhu! I've had horrible luck with LTs in the past (with a 5* drop rate amounting to between 1-2% for me, by my own tracking). Last night after the new changes went through, my superstitious self started mentally and locationally preparing for redeeming my few recent LTs... I put Prince's "Purple Rain" on, queued up a montage of Purple Man scenes from Jessica Jones on youtube, changed into a purple tee (of Galactus, of course)... and my very first pull... purple Legendary cover!..... 5* Cap!!! Thanks! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Varg138
    Varg138 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Congrats! I had a similar hoard (18 Legendary tokens and 420 CP). I was actually waiting for Bucky to be added to tokens, so I've been squirreling away since his release (yes, yes, I know he's subpar, but part of this game should still be about collecting your favorite characters, and I've been waiting for him for a looooong time).

I won't post every pull, but my 5* draw rate was 15% (6 out of 39)
    OML blackflag.png
    SS blueflag.pngblueflag.png
    Cap yellowflag.pngyellowflag.png
    Phoenix purpleflag.png

Happy with my pulls, but bummed I didn't get my 13th Bucky cover
  • DC1972
    DC1972 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    I had good luck right away with Latest Legends 1/2 5 stars and Classic Legends 2/10 but on a longer streak am now 7/130 on Latest Legends and 3 for 20 on Classic Legends. That is spot on for Classic Legends but about 12 behind expectations on Classics with a fairly large sample size. Would still love to see a streak buster implemented.