D3 are creating hoarders (digitally)

OneLastGambit
OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
Ok I'm not talking about the obvious Pokemon fever they create by releasing new characters.

The crushing lack of iso in this game is creating token hoarders.

The majority of high level gamers are so scared of having to sell covers because they can't champ a 4* in time to use the inevitable dupe theyll get from tokens that they simply stop spending.

They become hoarders, sometimes irrationally. The problem becomes exponential as well, they hoard tokens waiting for that perfect time to open when lots of new characters are added thereby increasing their odds of getting something useful. The time comes...and they don't cash in.

Its too late by that point, it's become a systematic behaviour pattern which is hard to break out of. I have a family member who is a digital hoarder (he even keeps trailers for movies that he has on bluray on a separate HD even though the blurays have them on) and it doesn't seem like such a big issue, after all it doesn't ruin your house prevent social interaction or lead to poor hygene like physical hoarding....right?

D3.. I am a psychologist and a researcher and a practising counsellor and am telling you that in my professional opinion you are both creating and perpetuating psychological disorders in multiple people....by seriously denying iso. Put more in the game..for the sake of your gamers.

*i realise that most of what I said comes across as tongue in cheek but it's all true.

OLG

Comments

• UncleSmed
    UncleSmed Posts: 75
    I need more.

Mojache's moving narrative (Pepitoz' story), has set a bar when agitating for change or against nerfing.

Give me colour, life.. make me believe.
    I'll give you my thumb, sir or madam, if you'd just show your soul?
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've become a health pack hoarder...don't know why, but I hate having to use HPs. I've got like 30 of them now down from 60, but it takes a rare event for to want to use those health packs.

I think it comes from having a large roster that I want to use to play the game to the fullest, but then that roster is underdeveloped because of iso and 4 star covers storages.
  • donnel
    donnel Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    This is so true. Regardless of roster type, there are strong incentives to put off pulling tokens. There is not a straightforward path to 4* progression from lower tiers any longer (the easy way before was monetization, but the developers seem to think ~$100 is not a fair price for a max 4*). 2-3* rosters are better off hoarding and shooting for known placement/progression rewards than pulling out of a hat the perfectly specced HB or JG they're looking for. Heavens forbid you actually "luck" into a 5*. Sell it right away or pve/pvp will be a scaling nightmare.

For mature rosters, as you say, it takes an incredible investment to champ a 4* or level a 5*. We're always gonna be behind pace. 1K iso just doesn't seem like much of a reward for multiple days of effort, so delay delay delay.
  • UncleSmed
    UncleSmed Posts: 75
    Conspiracy sense tingling!!

Thread moved without mod post notification...

icon_idea.gif shocked cyclops is shocked.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    What the heck is the OP talking about?

[ icon_lol.gif ]

In short ..

The problem : psychological disorder known more commonly as hoarding.

The prescription : more iso