5* Pull Rates

DrakeMallard
DrakeMallard Posts: 8
edited December 2016 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
First off, I realize all of this has been said before, and that this post won't change anything or miraculously "fix" what is clearly a less than perfect system. I also acknowledge that those facts pretty clearly make this a "vent" post. None the less...

Luck should not be the primary determining factor in my roster progression. It just shouldn't. Playing for 920 days, placing well in every pve/pvp event, and spending a not inconsiderable amount of money should be enough to allow me to advance my roster as well as anyone else in the game (excluding the obvious few players). But it's not. Cause I'm not lucky.

When 5*s were announced, they were presented as something that you "build over time" and/or a "gradual achievement". But in actuality, they're more like the lottery. You either get lucky, or you don't. My argument is that I shouldn't be on a 1/40 streak on 5* pulls from LTs, a 2.5% success rate. It just shouldn't happen (particularly in a month when I've dropped $340 on mpq-I know that shouldn't matter...but come on, money matters). People who have played less days, scored/placed much lower in events, and spent less money shouldn't have 5* rosters far superior to mine because they're pulling them at a rate of 17.5% to counterbalance my 2.5%.

The second part of this "lottery" is customer service. When you submit a ticket to complain about your utterly atrocious pull rate, you have a num% chance of getting "Response A" or "Response B". Those cut-and-paste replies will be identical in all but a sentence or two, in which "Response A" will say "we're sorry there's nothing we can do" and "Response B" will say, "as a one time exception for your loyalty...yada, yada, here's a free cover."

What am I asking for? A fair chance to progress like everyone else, I suppose. I'd like to see a system in place were everyone could get close to that advertised 10% pull rate. Yes, I'm aware that it isn't a guaranteed rate, that it's all chance. I understand that. That's the problem. I wish the developers would consider a system in which you were guaranteed a 5* pull in 1/12, or 1/15 covers. See, I'm not even asking for the full 10%! Just something in the ballpark. In the meantime, I think when I go 30+ LTs without a 5* pull, and I submit a ticket complaining about that fact to CS, the response every time should be "we've checked, and the the numbers you have provided are accurate. Here's your oml cover." And no, I don't mean as a one time exception.

Rant over.

Comments

• dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    yeah I am way below the 15% pull rate. So frustrating. I've probably opened about 20 or so legendary tokens. The only saving grace is that the majority of the 4* I pulled, I could use and that helped me champ a few. But really, Is there a bug or what? I've never had a 20 dry streak before. I know random is supposed to have long streaks. But still this is frustrating. Just get rid of as much rng as possible. This will make the game more fun and less about luck and more about skill.