Make creatures only able to block once per combat

Options
knthrak
knthrak Posts: 39
Large blockers that are difficult to damage are boring to play with, and frustrating to play against. Some examples...

Consul's Lieutenant with Gideon +1
Knight of the White Orchid
Undergrowth Champion

Not only are the creatures very difficult to kill, but they also make it extremely difficult to damage the opponent.

I suggest changing the rules of the game so that a creature can only block once per combat. Defenders would block first, then vigilance creatures, then reach creatures. This makes it possible (though difficult) to kill a person that is hiding behind one of these very large creatures by swarming.

Comments

• HexStarDragon
    HexStarDragon Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I think it's ok as is. It's more powerful than in traditional MtG, but not everything translates exactly. In this case there are still most of the same ways to get around blockers - kill them, disable them, evade them (e.g. flying, unblockable, menace).

In the case of being boring to play with, that's more of a function of playing vs AI and not live opponents, which is a separate, bigger-picture issue. In a live PvP setting, I think the blocking creatures would be fine.