Patch Notes Preview - R102

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    HaywireII wrote:
    Moon girl breaks away from Devil Dinosaur to become a standalone hero.

Cindy Moon (Silk) comes to MPQ.

Moon Knight - Satellite = Moon and Fight rhymes with Knight.

The first two choices are definitely the most plausible. Why would they add a character who's comic just relaunched?
    No Moondragon?

... probably not.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    Marc Spector: MOON KNIGHT!!! icon_eek.gif

Finally!!!

( As one would expect, I am personally very very excited for this. icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif )
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    HaywireII wrote:

The first two choices are definitely the most plausible. Why would they add a character who's comic just relaunched?

You mean like they did for Cho and Spider-Gwen?
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    HaywireII wrote:

You mean like they did for Cho and Spider-Gwen?

WOOSH
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Definitely an anagram.

Hi Lit Stage Left

Someone who is on stage, and is lit. It's Dazzler.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Definitely an anagram.

Hi Lit Stage Left

Someone who is on stage, and is lit. It's Dazzler.

Wait, someone who is on stage, like an actor, and is lit?
    bandc1.gif
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    - Sam Wilson (Captain America) now properly activates Countdown Tiles that have targeted allies.

What does this mean? What kind of tiles weren't triggered by flaptain's blue?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    - Sam Wilson (Captain America) now properly activates Countdown Tiles that have targeted allies.

What does this mean? What kind of tiles weren't triggered by flaptain's blue?
    my guess is things like xfw yellow?
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Satellite fight is the hint.
    A possible anagram for this is flight site tale. That must be referring to the fact that the character has some sort of air vehicle which requires a flight site to take off as part of that characters "tale." Which characters have special flying vehicles which played a prominent role in their stories? Moon Knight has a special helicopter shaped like a crescent moon. He needed teammates just to fly his copter, and they played essential roles in his stories. Moon Knight confirmed.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]It's time to take a look at what's planned for the next Marvel Puzzle Quest update!
    (As always, anything listed below is subject to change before release.)

R102!

Satellite fight…

What’s New
      - Kate Bishop (Hawkeye) now in-game! - Season XXVIII action underway!

What’s Changed
      - Squashed a few bugs that were impacting performance when starting a battle. - Sam Wilson (Captain America) now properly activates Countdown Tiles that have targeted allies. - Fixed a bug where Colossus on the opponent's team was not intercepting attacks. - Green Goblin's Green Pumpkin Bombs no longer try to destroy tiles that have already been destroyed. - Fixed a bug where PC users were not able to back out during the early stages of the game.

It was stated elsewhere that the game not running on Android N would be fixed in this patch. Is that not the case?

FYI, this is still confirmed as being fixed in R102, just not listed as they had limited testing infrastructure.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelPuzzleQu ... ew/d3shte0

Thanks Kabir for the communication.
  • J0nnythejig
    J0nnythejig Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    "Satellite fight"

My first instinct is Cable.... May just be a UK vanacular thing but satellite TV has always been competing against cable TV.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    If taken literally, ie a fight aboard a satellite,

World war hulk started that way, with hulk being sent to deal with a rogue satellite. I also believe the ending involved a satellite.

Original sin started with hi jinx on the moon and ended with a fight in a satellite. Watcher nick fury?

War of the hulks had a satellite play a prominent role.

In secret wars human torch something something satellite. (Too recent, so could be spoilery)

Dock Ock used satellites to affect the weather in the end day's events before superior.
  • Thevipper
    Thevipper Posts: 90
    Eddiemon wrote:

World war hulk started that way, with hulk being sent to deal with a rogue satellite. I also believe the ending involved a satellite.

Original sin started with hi jinx on the moon and ended with a fight in a satellite. Watcher nick fury?

In secret wars human torch something something satellite. (Too recent, so could be spoilery)

Dock Ock used satellites to affect the weather in the end day's events before superior.

WORLD WAR HULK...would throw my wallet, my arm, my leg, and my brother to get it. I dont have a sister but I'll throw something, if he's good. if not ill toss my phone
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thevipper wrote:
    Eddiemon wrote:

WORLD WAR HULK...would throw my wallet, my arm, my leg, and my brother to get it. I dont have a sister but I'll throw something, if he's good. if not ill toss my phone
    Doubtful. Very, very doubtful since Totally Awesome Hulk and regular Hulk can't be used together, making TA Hulk the 4-star variant. I know, I know, "Shut up and stop ruining my dreams!" Sorry.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2016
    On the off-chance that it's not an anagram.

It's Werewolf By Night, or worse, Cap-Wolf.

It's Hyperion (satellite of Saturn).
    It's Ymir (satellite of Saturn, apparently).
    It's Puck (satellite of Uranus, apparently).
    It's Titania (better known satellite of Uranus).
    It's Triton (satellite of Neptune).

It's Ego, the living planet, come to mate with our moon, who is having none of it.

:edit: as Insert25c mentioned, it's Ego, not Eon. I guess I have Greg Bear on the brain right now. That was a good book.
  • Insert25c
    Insert25c Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Ego the Living Planet
    Moon knight
    Moondragon
    Morbius the living vampire
    Moonstone 6*
    The Watcher (lived on moon)
    Gladiator (having FOUGHT the XMen to end Dark Phoenix Saga ON THE MOON)
    Supreme Intelligence (hid on Moon after Avengers almost killed him - Operation: Galactic Storm/Avengers Forever)
    Thanos (the mad Titan <moon of Saturn>)
    Starfox (also a Titan)

So yeah 6*s confirmed at .0000005% drop rate in standard tokens only
  • Tenaciousdecaf
    Tenaciousdecaf Posts: 71 Match Maker
    I like the idea of Moon Knight, but the clue could be even more literal than we're thinking.

The Moon is a satellite that was the base of a very prominent group of heroes for quite a while. There were plenty fights in that city, and one person in particular destroyed it with a mere whisper...
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    No vision fix as of yet?

What is the problem? His yellow was fixed, but his blue is the only reason he is nearly viable now. And not boosted its not too strong and boosted its nice. But only in pve not in pvp, he is a weak defensive, because the ai plays him absolute weak.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    tizian2015 wrote:
    No vision fix as of yet?

What is the problem? His yellow was fixed, but his blue is the only reason he is nearly viable now. And not boosted its not too strong and boosted its nice. But only in pve not in pvp, he is a weak defensive, because the ai plays him absolute weak.
    Tell that to all the people I was seeing using Vision in the Avengers PVP.
  • Thevipper
    Thevipper Posts: 90
    zodiac339 wrote:
    Thevipper wrote:
    Eddiemon wrote:

Doubtful. Very, very doubtful since Totally Awesome Hulk and regular Hulk can't be used together, making TA Hulk the 4-star variant. I know, I know, "Shut up and stop ruining my dreams!" Sorry.

i already knew it won't be, I have the 3* version and there's a red hulk (which eludes me) to use at least.

side note away from pq really wish marvel would make carnage hulk happen but i'll be happy with the what if venom hulk and spirit of vengeance red hulk venom still have carnage surfer