Creation of Dungeons/Instances and PVE Seasons

LuciferianX
LuciferianX Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
I had an idea. I mulled it over, realized it was crazy, discarded it.

Came back to it. I've now decided that "it's so crazy it just might work," but as with anything it'll need player support and Dev implementation. So here it is: Create a "build a match" PVE Season Dungeon Instance. Similar to Diablo III or the current PVP Season, create a non-competitive bracket where people can create their own randomized, multi-node dungeons, with rewards by level.

So, for example:

Nodes: 5 - 12
Stages: 1 - 3
Difficultly Cap: Normal, Hard, Impossible, OMRNGesus (the hardest node will not exceed this threshhold)
Time Limit: 24h, 48h, 72h

So you have a new panel, which is 'PVE Seasons,' and in it you build your own dungeon. Weekly character buffs apply, and rewards are set with reasonable levels, so you get 1 point for a Trivial, 2 points for Easy, etc., up to 10 points for the hardest node. When you 'score out,' if you cleared all of the nodes with the appropriate time, you reap the rewards. Season target rewards include 4 stars & tokens, etc.

Call it 'Doctor Strange's Crucible' or something. Give those of us who want to play but are tired of looking at leaderboards and the out-dated DDQ a place to take our characters, stomp some faces, have fun with the game and earn rewards, without the threat of getting kicked in the teeth. Set season targets, or seasonal goals or challenges. For example: Complete (Win) 10 Normal Matches with The Thing on your team. Participate (Win or Lose) 5 Impossible Matches. Win 1 Impossible Match with any 1* on your team.

Yes, I'm effectively talking about a redesign, but one I think would benefit the longevity of the game and create new conversations.

As always, I welcome your feedback.