DDQ Update: Double ISO-8, +2 Command Points, Vault Change

LuciferianX
LuciferianX Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
Good morning, team;

The subject really says it all, but I'll add my usual notes. DDQ, 3 star character, 2 tokens, 300 item vault (?!), which has very few material rewards. Not trying to be negative, just pointing out that there's about 7 - 10 (depending) "good" rewards in the Vault, and with the general devaluation of Hero Points having gone to the Command Point structure, the system should be updated accordingly.

I recommend the following:

* Inclusion of a new, sixth everyday Hard Node for 2 Command Points. This can be a variety from Survival, a normal match, whatever. If added, it means every 5 days there are seven nodes (original 5, +1 for 2 Command Points, +1 for Legendary on Day 5 of a loop). This is in line with the current PVE system of the Hard Nodes (4 star required + hardest normal) both providing 1 CP/day (on 24h nodes, that is). It gives casual players a chance to stock pile, and aggressive players a shot at four, which they desperately need.

* A reduction in Vault Rewards from 300 to 80, and remove a lot of the 2 stars, mediocre ISO rewards, and so on, and replace Hero Points with Command Points. As the meta has transitioned to require Command instead of Hero Points, and costs of packs (outside of daily bonuses) are in the thousands, a 250 HP reward no longer buys 1/2 of a 3 star cover, which I'm pretty certain was it's original intent. It does buy a single cover pack for a special event, and given that 4* drop rates are in the 0.2% range, having the ability to buy a cover with 120 command points per month instead of being subjected to draw would be greatly beneficial (2 CP per PVE + 2 CP for DDQ = 4 * 30 = 120).

* Caveat to the above point: I realize that 80 is probably too low, and that 150 is likely more reasonable, but the point is most of the stuff in there is filler, and it takes 300 days to get 300 tokens per side (10 months, roughly), to guarantee one of those top 6 rewards. The DDQ shouldn't be "that place that I get lucky once every three months," it should be a semi-reliable way for players to build their rosters.

* Double ISO-8 rewards, effectively guarantee 8k-10k ISO-8 per day. This is enough to buy 2-3 levels on a post-early level four star, after 210/215. Meaning that in a month's time I might actually get a second championed 4 star, or have a much easier time getting other non-critical but node-required characters leveled up.

At the end of the day, as we say, the DDQ is most people's touch point to the game, and in its current state, offers very little in the way of progression. It's nice, and the three star cover is great for those characters I have Championed, and 500 ISO-8 for those I don't care about, but the game is about 4 stars and (somehow, already) Championed Epics. The DDQ should reflect the current needs of the player base.

As always, I welcome your feedback.

Comments

• cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    This all sounds fine (I'll never turn down more rewards!) except for the taking away of Hero Points in the vault. I don't have every character rostered and I'm a collector. So I'm very much looking forward to the day (end of 10 months) when I get to open my Tacos until I get the 4* covers, LT, and 4000 HP. I also hoard other tokens so I don't have to sell covers I don't have, so once I have enough HP for 4 slots, I can open all the other tokens I have till I don't have slots anymore. That will be my favorite day of this game. Please don't take away HP. icon_cry.gif
  • LuciferianX
    I apologize, I meant more specifically "replace the **** version of HP," but it just doesn't have the value it once did. Good point though, it is still a commodity for drawing tokens.
  • LuciferianX
    We actually got some of this. So that was nice.

Still need 1-2 CP per day. Lock it in. Remember: If you do nothing else, 2 CP/day alone is 720/year, and enough for one (count it!) Epic level character. Too fast? Maybe. Currently we get 24/month guaranteed with normal daily progression + VIP, which is 288/year -- paltry. Adding 2/day is not game breaking.

Please consider.