So you want us to roster and level everyone...

OneLastGambit
OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
So the devs have said numerous times that they want us to roster everyone (they say it's for diversity but the real reason is just as valid) and level them (hello champ system)

But some (including me) still won't roster and champ everyone (some plain aren't worth it).

So... The players want less rng and more control.

Here's my suggestion.

Give us a 5* cover for every <insert appropriate number> characters we champ.

Pretty everyone will champ pretty much everyone then, so you'll get your wish (we spend on roster slots) and well get ours (a tiny sliver of control over our 5* transition).
Thoughts?

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    They want us to roster everyone (hello essentials), but they obviously don't want us to level everyone or we'd all have about 5x more ISO than we have currently.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    You misunderstand what 5*'s are for. They are the ultimate end game carrots. They are that goal that's suppossed to keep you in the game that you look forward to. You're not really suppossed to max one out until almost two years of collecting tokens. A 5* transition will not happen until the inevitable restructure of 4* rewards.
  • OneLastGambit
    Orion wrote:
    They want us to roster everyone (hello essentials), but they obviously don't want us to level everyone or we'd all have about 5x more ISO than we have currently.

Thing is Orion the essentials system doesn't work. They could make cho essential in every pve and I'll never roster (sue storm is close to going that way too). I'm more than happy to just play for t50 in a pve with a cho essential.

However if he were my 20th champ and gave me a free goblin cover...well I might just to it.
  • OneLastGambit
    wirius wrote:
    You misunderstand what 5*'s are for. They are the ultimate end game carrots. They are that goal that's suppossed to keep you in the game that you look forward to. You're not really suppossed to max one out until almost two years of collecting tokens. A 5* transition will not happen until the inevitable restructure of 4* rewards.

So you think that you'll be getting floods of 5* rewards for using my system?

It takes a massive amount of iso to champ 4* So if you got a 5* cover for every 20th champ for example it would still be a long long time before you could ever cover max a 5* with this system. It doesn't create a transition...it creates another carrot.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    wirius wrote:

So you think that you'll be getting floods of 5* rewards for using my system?

It takes a massive amount of iso to champ 4* So if you got a 5* cover for every 20th champ for example it would still be a long long time before you could ever cover max a 5* with this system. It doesn't create a transition...it creates another carrot.

Good point. I think they're just fine with where the carrot is at right now though. I like the idea in principle, but I think in practice they would receive some angry emails. They would need to implement retroactive 5*'s for those who already have that many characters champed. Further, there would be people angry that they had sold their rosters because they didn't plan on champing them all. Then there would be even MORE complaints about iso shortages.

I'm just stating that they really aren't focussed on the 5* tier in any meaningful way right now, and they have to clean up some other things before they put more 5* availability out there.
  • PeterGibbons316
    PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    Orion wrote:
    This. They have said a number of times that they want us to have to pick and choose which characters get ISO. That diversity is what keeps the game interesting - it's why they boost a variety of characters each week - so that all characters see play, and people are rewarded for leveling some of the less popular characters.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Yes, they have encouraged us to level our characters. To avoid soft capping .

But we've also been told that we can't level everyone and must pick and choose who to level strategically. Plus we are penalized by scaling when we do level our roster .

Quite the dilemma.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    wirius wrote:

This is the same story people were yammering about 4 star several months ago, the goal posts have been moved with 5 star. There is no end game rewards here, just rewards.