RNGeesus listens! and he is a merciful lord

jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
2 weeks ago i mentioned on the forum that event tokens were not quite as lucrative as they should be. next day, pulled an iceman from an event token.

2 days ago, i posted about yellow prof-x being quite elusive for me. yesterday: yellow prof x.

man, those oml covers are sure hard to get...

Comments

• wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Gambling is fun and addictive. You were in a low streak and needed a fix. Now that you got your fix, you're happy! That happiness could only come because of the rarity of the tokens to begin with. Now you feel special don't you? =P
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't mock rngesus. Sometimes he answers (unlike the real one)

When I was trying to champ fist I asked for a fist cover from the taco vault...and got one.

And twice on GR ddq day I've asked for a GR cover so I could compete in the ddq and voila! Got it.

Today I wondered to myself that it might be nice to pull the hb from the vault and add a champ level. Ask and ye shall receive! I got one.

When I was on the fence about whether or not to champ vision and rngesus sent me 5 wise kings to guide me (actually it was 5 vision covers).

Why don't I ask for oml you say? Actually I'm not all that bothered about 5* tier as it looks kinda dull

*disclaimer- I do not believe in religion and prayer (im a scientist) and am well aware this is just selective data collection. There are time I didn't get what I wanted.
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker

Let's not start a religious war here. Of course he listens... as much as a milk jug does (feel free to google that). It's all in selective perception. Believing is seeing.
  • OneLastGambit
    san-mpq wrote:

Let's not start a religious war here. Of course he listens... as much as a milk jug does (feel free to google that). It's all in selective perception. Believing is seeing.

Believing is seeing. That's a good one, I'm stealing it
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    The real RNGesus? Is this some arcane transubstantiation/consubstantiation debate?
  • san

I take no credit for that. It's already been stolen. Do pass it along, however. Psychology talks about this a great deal, and it's a well documented phenomena. Notice how people who don't believe in ghosts never really seem to see them? Ditto with the sasquatch? Odd huh?
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    wirius wrote:
    Gambling is fun and addictive. You were in a low streak and needed a fix. Now that you got your fix, you're happy! That happiness could only come because of the rarity of the tokens to begin with. Now you feel special don't you? =P

This opens up a whole can of worms. Are the tokens in MPQ gambling by design? I have thought for a while that they are very similar to the gambling addicts choice the famous Fixed Odds Betting Machines. Admittedly punters (for want of a better word) are not laying down money directly to try and beat the odds but instead are purchasing currency, but can the thrill of getting a lucky draw and beating the odds be comparable to "beating the house". There have been numerous articles online about people getting addicted to F2P games and are mechanics like the fixed token odds helping to feed that addiction? As the old saying about gambling goes "the house always wins" and seeing as recent licence acquisitions especially the Adventure Time licence should D3 take steps to ensure the online safety of minors who play these games? At what point does profit take priority over ethics?
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    san-mpq wrote:

I take no credit for that. It's already been stolen. Do pass it along, however. Psychology talks about this a great deal, and it's a well documented phenomena. Notice how people who don't believe in ghosts never really seem to see them? Ditto with the sasquatch? Odd huh?

This could also be a whole "confirmation bias" thing as well. Back in the 1st CW i spent hundreds of cp to try for Cap cover. Didnt get squat. But I mentioned sacrificing a goat to RNGesus and then I got the event progression leg tokens and got a Cap and IM both in the same day. So I agree with believing is seeing. Except where you mention sasquatch.

Even though I've never seen one, I believe he is real. If you don't believe me, then check the Endangered Species list. Check the laws that say it's illegal to kill one. Check out the govt wildlife reservations that are set up specifically for sasquatch all over North America. The govt does not protect creatures that don't exist or there would be laws for dragons and unicorns.

So, like I said, if you don't believe me, then type "is sasquatch on the endangered species list " on Google. You might be surprised. Or just click the link below.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... yz80QCPQTg
  • san
    snip.

So, like I said, if you don't believe me, then type "is sasquatch on the endangered species list " on Google. You might be surprised. Or just click the link below.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... yz80QCPQTg

Link below to the endangered species list (rather than a random online wordpress blog... from 2012). Please point out to me where the sasquatch is.

http://ecos.fws.gov/tess_public/reports/ad-hoc-species-report?kingdom=V&kingdom=I&status=E&status=T&status=EmE&status=EmT&status=EXPE&status=EXPN&status=SAE&status=SAT&mapstatus=3&fcrithab=on&fstatus=on&fspecrule=on&finvpop=on&fgroup=on&header=Listed+Animals
  • OneLastGambit
    Is rngesus trying to make me a real believer? 3 event tokens from earths mightiest and I got

Px pink - needed
    Nova red - needed
    Carnage red - needed.

Praise be to rngesus!

Edit: and a 14th thing cover from a standard...not only am I on a 4* hot streak rngesus is showing me the way to spend my iso...praise be Lord rngesus