Jace, just win deck

Options
I figured I'd go ahead and post the deck. It's slow, but it's nearly a guaranteed win in QB.

Spells: (4)
Disperse
Scour from Existence (SfE)
Displacement Wave
Talent of the Telepath (TotT)

Supports: (3)
Prism Array
Sphinx's Tutelage
Thopter Spy Network (TSN)

Creatures: (3)
Murk Strider
Fathom Feeder
Harbinger of the Tides

I had been thinking of switching from Jace to Tez for more support for the TSN combo but I think Jace is just better.

The deck plays the early game just taking hits and digging for cards. Disperse is a speed bump to buy time for the deck to come online, once you get to the mid game I just exile every disperse that comes up. The hope of the deck is to hit TotT to dig for your supports which 2 of the 3 will cast immediately. Once you have TSN and another support online its just endless beats and card draw. While you wait bounce and remove anything that hits the board with harbinger and SfE, even murk strider can come online once you land a SfE for cheap bounce. If someone is running major support hate or lots of cascade, Fathom feeder is a huge beater and alt win con. Finally Displacement Wave, I rarely ever use this card, if I do things have most assuredly gone FUBAR. This being said if I do cast it I have a reasonable chance to get back into the game and winning it, it is basically a giant reset button.

On using your PW abilities, don't. Just build up to your ult once their board is clear or you have TSN online cast your ult and you will most likely out race your opponent. If it is a dire need of course shrink a guy, or if you need one more piece to combo get back a TotT with your second ability, basically once you ult your opponent will be locked out until you cast your ult again.

A secondary theme of the deck is card drawing, Mana denial comes from the ult but also from drawing cards with Sphinx's Tutelage out. Fathom feeder is awesome in this respect, 6/6 beater that has 5 chances per turn to draw a card yes please. TSN, Prism array and Tutelage also offer card draw and you can be really mean and chain TotT sometimes to wipe out an opponents mana. I think I've only gotten a max of 4 TotT in a row but still that's 8 extra mana your opponent has to spend. Once pieces start coming online it's important to exile cards you aren't going to use so you can draw the max amount of cards, usually keep only 3 cards in hand before swapping you'll likely get a card off the swap, a card off the thopter damage, then card on your next turn once you reach this point it's quite obviously game over.

I'd love thoughts on the deck or hopefully this will spur some thought for making your own version. I know win rate really doesn't count for anything in qb but it sure feels good to watch your win streak sky rocket.

Comments

• knthrak
    knthrak Posts: 39
    Options
    I have a deck that is similar in spirit, though not quite in execution.

Disperse
    Talent of the Telepath
    Turn to Frog
    Artificer's Epiphany

Prairie Stream
    Sunken Hollow
    Sphinx's Tutelage

Murk Strider
    Sigiled Starfish
    Scrapskin Drake

I'm not currently using it for QB, but for story mode with my level 24 Jace. I own Scour from Existence, Fathom Feeder, and Thopter Spy Network, but I'm not currently running them. If I had Harbinger of the Tides and Prism Array, I would run them. I probably wouldn't end up running Displacement wave.

The centerpiece of the deck is Sphinx's Tutelage. I want to be able to draw lots of cards to make Sphinx's Tutelage completely absurd. As a result, this deck gets choked on mana production. Part of that is the low level Jace. I run both of the dual lands to try and make the mana production reasonable late game though. I don't run Scour from Existence because of the high cost compared to Turn to Frog. The entire reason I run Murk Strider is because of the high power / cost ratio, not because of the ability. I'm not running TSN because of it's cost. I want my win conditions to get cast cheaply while I durdle around and draw more cards. TSN vs. no TSN is a close call for me though.

Note that TotT isn't supposed to trigger Sphinx's Tutelage (I don't have the game at hand to validate this). TotT is worded as 'fetch' and not 'draw' for that reason.

I'm not entirely sure where I would slot in Prism Array and HotT. Maybe at level 60 mana isn't such an issue, and I could just replace the dual lands. Maybe with HotT in the deck, it would be reasonable to take out Turn to Frog and/or Scrapskin Drake. It's hard to know until I have them.

To be honest, I'm hoping to save up enough crystals and run this deck with Kiora instead. The mana drain from the first ability would be great. The green mana acceleration and Skysnare Spider for defense + wincon would be great too.