Civil War: Post mortem

2»

Comments

• Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Akari wrote:
    During the first run, my alliance easily cleared r8 on one side and got to r7 on the other, but half the alliance got scaled out near the end. I only got through because of boosted HB. In the second run, my alliance restructured and was able to clear both sides, but I very nearly got scaled out at the end due to terrible boosted characters, none of which I had leveled.

Ultimately, I enjoyed the event. The bosses were very doable with XDP and GR (I used OML 360, XDP 250, JG 280 for IM and OML, XDP, GR 130 for Cap), and the nodes could be scaled down a bit. I get that they jump every 8 hrs, but they really need to not go higher than every character in my roster.

Similar experience for me. Got the IM in first run and everyone slacked after that. In second run, restructured, and got both. Ran some combo of OML/GR/XFDP/Fist on bosses. Node scaling on last refresh was of "Phone chucking" caliber. Overall, I came out with a positive experience, but scaling needs to be worked on yet.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I loved both runs of Civil War. Had a ton of fun figuring out how to punch above my roster's weight against level 7 and 8 bosses (Howard the Duck going invisible for the slow but steady win), coordinating with my alliance so that everyone who wanted to hit max progression could without wasting points so that we ended up with all the 4* covers, and sharing strategies for the different bosses and side nodes.

My only complaints about the event were the relatively small amounts of ISO available compared to a normal PVE event and the final day wave nodes being slightly overpowered. Other than that was a tremendous success for those in my alliance.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    revskip wrote:
    My only complaints about the event were the relatively small amounts of ISO available compared to a normal PVE event and the final day wave nodes being slightly overpowered. Other than that was a tremendous success for those in my alliance.
    That reminds me, they halved the iso progression rewards for the second run. It wasn't a ton to begin with, so I was really scratching my head when I noticed.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    revskip wrote:
    That reminds me, they halved the iso progression rewards for the second run. It wasn't a ton to begin with, so I was really scratching my head when I noticed.
    yeah, that meant individuals didn't have to play past the team progression to make their token. some who did that in CW1 cost their team a progression level on the 'other side' unwittingly. CW2 they took that possibility out by lowering the personal progression and made it a bit easier by getting us to rd 8 earlier.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    yeah, that meant individuals didn't have to play past the team progression to make their token. some who did that in CW1 cost their team a progression level on the 'other side' unwittingly. CW2 they took that possibility out by lowering the personal progression and made it a bit easier by getting us to rd 8 earlier.
    I think we're talking about different things. They cut the progression thresholds, which I appreciated, but they also reduced all but the first and last iso prizes. (3850 total iso for the first run vs. 2520 for the second)
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    I think we're talking about different things. They cut the progression thresholds, which I appreciated, but they also reduced all but the first and last iso prizes. (3850 total iso for the first run vs. 2520 for the second)
    aw hell. I never pay attn. to those. that sucks that they'd cut progression iso for an event that results in less iso than normal anyway. doesn't surprise me though. at times, nothing they do makes sense.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    For 4 3* covers, 6 4* covers, and 2 5* covers in that short of an event.. scaling was on par with rewards i think, add in token pulls and iso etc.. one of the most lucrative events since Ultron 1 and 2.

If i could change anything, it would be the boss node unlocking on a new round, like in other events.

I disagree with your premise. or at least your perspective. From demiurge's perspective, this scaling might be commensurate with the rewards. But as countless posts on the forums suggest, demiurge is far too conservative with the rewards. 4* covers should not be precious snowflakes. They don't need to rain from the sky, but they should be provided to consistent players at a steady rate.

IMO the choice for transitioning should never be worse than what it was in the 3* meta days (i.e. top 100 alliance players could cover new releases in 1-2 months, or they could spend dozens of dollars to max them faster) and not what it is now (i.e. top 100 alliance players can cover new releases in 4-6 months, or spend hundreds of dollars to max them faster).

TC:

I mostly agree with you. I would say that the cover rewards for Civil War were sufficient for a special event. The iso/HP/CP rewards were, however, terrible. 250 ISO prizes for prog rewards above .5 million?! critical boosts in every node?!!!!!! Totally out of proportion with the current resource economy.