Cheating lottery - the illusion of winning

LOBOsss
LOBOsss Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
Lottery covers is an illusion, we have no influence on what will draw, why ....... easiest way to check it out for instance in the vault will be 80 prizes, according to the order, the rewards are repeated, cover change in a certain order, established at the beginning ( random), so if you remember the sequence is theoretically you can draw what you want ....... !!!!! wrong, this is an illusion because suddenly, instead of a specific card in the draw get something else usually 2 * cover.

Example: according to the order (checked 4 times),
black panthers, howkeye, howkeye, legendary token, iron man
so if you will put you in the first howkeye, you will winlegendary token ........ unfortunately appeared from nowhere 2 * black widow

summarizing
game cheats, and adjusts itself covers what you get in the lottery, you don't have any impact on that and the possibility of drawing is only an illusion..

I preferred as it was clear that this is just a lottery, now developers give us illusory chances of winning, and cheating of us and causing additional stress

I checked it several times, only once won what should be according to the order .... fortune

Comments

• Lilith
    Lilith Posts: 65 Match Maker
    You know, I had the same idea at one point. Sat and watched my way through a whole 300 token Taco Vault looking for what order things came in, and then did it a second time to confirm. The cover I wanted was on the 53rd spot.

Clicked, and wham. Got something utterly different. Naturally, my reaction was moral outrage, and then I came here and did some searching. I found this thread: https://d3go.com/forums/posting.php?mode=quote&f=7&p=406414

In which that very question was put to IceX, with his answer as follows:
    Nonnel (Chaos Cmd) - Oh. On the vault. Is the outcome predetermined?
    IceIX - As predetermined as a Comic Pack pull is. IE: It rolls the dice compared to an odds table and gives the reward. The Vault's roll is pretty much
    Code: Select all
    RAND(NUM_REM_ITEMS)
    IceIX - Although if what you're asking is if there's some kinda skill game with the icons pre-pull, that's all just graphics. Zero to do with what's pulled other than showing icons for what's in there.

So really, it's not a cheat. It's a pretty face on something that has exactly the same effect as popping a standard, heroic, or legendary token. The only difference is that we get to graphically see all of the things possible to be won, rather than just a list of words with probabilities.

Hope this helps!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    The difference with the vault is that once you draw a specific prize, you never draw it again, so when you draw a bad prize, the odds go up on the good prizes (and vice versa). So every draw has actual meaning, instead of it being a token that doesn't improve odds on further draws.

I personally like the vault quite a lot. For example, I've been saving up taco tokens until I hit 300, and then I'm guaranteed that I'll get one of the top prizes after enough draws. It only took me 23 draws to get the LT! So now I'll wait a few more weeks and do it again, in order to win another top prize.