Captain America HYDRA event?

bi0h4z4rd84
bi0h4z4rd84 Posts: 51
A few days ago, Marvel made "Captain America" a double-agent for The Avengers. Apparently, he has been with "Hydra" this entire time.

Frankly I think it's moronic. But is Marvel Puzzle Quest going to release a possible "Captain America (HYDRA)" or maybe an event about it?

Also, are you guys planning on ever adding a new story? The same 10 events cycled is getting boring, especially after a year. Any plans on a new story soon?

Comments

• Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    You mean like Hearts of Darkness, a completely new story added in recently?
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    While I like the idea of new PvE events, last time they did that we got Venom Bomb. So maybe it's for the best they don't make any new ones.

That said, I'd like them to do something with Hydra and AIM. They're perfect for goons. I feel like Hydra lends itself to some interesting wave nodes mechanics with the whole "cut off 1 head and 2 replace it" thing. But I don't want the devs to have to reflect every stupid storyline the publishing side does to try and remain relevant as that gets dated quickly. Just look at how relevant the "Dark Avengers" and HAMMER are now.

Really, I just want a playable Red Skull and MODOK. 5* Red Skull with cosmic cube and 4* MODOK, please!
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, if Cap really had been an Agent of Hydra all along then there are already 3 Hydra variants in the game.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it's wibbly wobbly timey wimey schinanigans, tbh.
    He was made young again by Kobik bending reality to give him his super soldier serum back. Who's to say she didn't tweak reality a little further and change a point in history, recruiting Sarah into Hydra instead of her having nothing to do with it?

It's a shock value issue so far. I very much doubt it'll be a permanent thing.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    Correct me if I'm wrong...but other than Ultron-type boss events, we didn't get any new PvE events after Enemy of the State in late December 2014, until late November 2015. At that point, we got Heart of Darkness, Amadeus' Inferno a week later, Venom Bomb in late December. So after a year of relatively little new PvE material (Ultron & Galactus boss battles, and the Ant-Man mini-event), we got three new full PvE events in a month. And then Webbed Wonder in April. So the last six months have been very busy compared to the previous year.

All that's to say, how can you claim we haven't gotten anything new in the last year?
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2016
    If you are on Twitter you will be familiar with #SayNoToHydraCap hashtag. I don't think a Hydra Cap would go well with the fans.

However, it's high time a four day Asgard Pve should be introduced. Loki Is responsible for bringing the Avengers together. Thor Is a Marvel fan favourite.

Look at the Thor allies and villians that would come from such an event.

Allies:-
    Heimdall, Odin, Sif, Warriors 3, Balder the brave, Angela, Buri, aka (tiwaz), Valkyrie, Asgardian warriors, Hercules, Loki and many more.
    Villains:-
    Mangog, Malekith, Surter, frost giants, Skurge, Enchantress, Seth, Hela, karnilla, fafnir, Loki and many more.

Come on make Marvel puzzle quest Great again. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    From the brilliant minds that brought you, "Captian America is really a Hydra agent" comes the ingenious ideas as:

Tony Stark's business is actually broke and he's secretly funded himself off of Malaysian slave children this entire time

The Hulk's power actually comes from sadness

SpiderMan is actually transgender

Wolverine's real name is actually "Enraged Chinchilla"
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't Think it's practically possible to make an event about current comics. Marvel would probably want to keep the exact details about Captain Hydra unknown until the storyline in the comics has been resolved.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    If you are going to post something about current comic events can you please prefix it with "SPOILER"

I'm not up to date on Captain America comics and knew nothing of what could have been an interesting twist.

Anyway in a similar vein to this I can't imagine MPQ bringing us direct comic (current) story lines. They'll tie in PVEs with older plots or their own stories.
  • St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    wirius wrote:

KLUH
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    wirius wrote:
    From the brilliant minds that brought you, "Captian America is really a Hydra agent" comes the ingenious ideas as:

Tony Stark's business is actually broke and he's secretly funded himself off of Malaysian slave children this entire time

Bobby Drake was gay all along

...oh wait
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    wirius wrote:

Well, there's that old manga Hulk...
    27591.jpg
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    wirius wrote:

Black Widow has had a stable marriage the whole time.

Aunt May is actually in her twenties, but was bitten by a radioactive old lady.

Uncle Ben was a literal god, capable of bending reality, but mostly used his power to pick up chicks. (Classic deity behavior)

Galactus is bulimic.

Susan Storm is not actually invisible, but imaginary, and Reed Richards just stretches part of himself to make a visual representation for other people.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Azoth658 wrote:
    If you are going to post something about current comic events can you please prefix it with "SPOILER"

I'm not up to date on Captain America comics and knew nothing of what could have been an interesting twist.

Anyway in a similar vein to this I can't imagine MPQ bringing us direct comic (current) story lines. They'll tie in PVEs with older plots or their own stories.

This news hit national headlines and social media the moment the issue hit the stands. It's already been spoiled and pretty much common knowledge by this point.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    I think it's wibbly wobbly timey wimey schinanigans, tbh.
    He was made young again by Kobik bending reality to give him his super soldier serum back. Who's to say she didn't tweak reality a little further and change a point in history, recruiting Sarah into Hydra instead of her having nothing to do with it?

It's a shock value issue so far. I very much doubt it'll be a permanent thing.

Agreed, they keep bringing up the cube (kobik) in that issue, its a big red flag. And they always reset. Always. Nick Spencer bought enough good will from the Superior Foes of Spiderman to ensure I'll give him the benefit of the doubt to see where it goes.

Though thinking about it, I wonder if he's really the "Ultimate" version of Cap, swapped in by the Cube? THAT guy I could buy being a Hydra sleeper agent (mainly due to the way Mark Millar wrote him, and every Ultimate as the jerk version of the regular Avengers) and with Miles Morales running around the Avengers, its not such far fetched theory anymore.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    St1nkf1st wrote:
    wirius wrote:

KLUH

The Hulk's Hulk! That we will never speak of again!
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh Marvel, you've done it again.

fonz.jpg
  • Chrono_Tata
    Tatercat wrote:
    Though thinking about it, I wonder if he's really the "Ultimate" version of Cap, swapped in by the Cube? THAT guy I could buy being a Hydra sleeper agent (mainly due to the way Mark Millar wrote him, and every Ultimate as the jerk version of the regular Avengers) and with Miles Morales running around the Avengers, its not such far fetched theory anymore.
    That would still make no sense because in the Ultimate universe, HYDRA was an American rebel group that only came into existence in the 21st Century. As per the United We Stand/Divided We Fall story arc.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Tatercat wrote:
    That would still make no sense because in the Ultimate universe, HYDRA was an American rebel group that only came into existence in the 21st Century. As per the United We Stand/Divided We Fall story arc.

Ah, ok, I had long since checked out on the Ultimate imprint by the time they got to that point. Oh well, cosmic cube editing his life thru time travel it is then.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Tatercat wrote:
    Tatercat wrote:

Ah, ok, I had long since checked out on the Ultimate imprint by the time they got to that point. Oh well, cosmic cube editing his life thru time travel it is then.
    I gave up on the Ultimate imprint after they brought back Ultimate Peter Parker, which didn't make a lot of difference since they cancelled the imprint and destroyed the universe a few months later lol.