PVE Rewards and Progression

matthatter
matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
I posted this back on the first test of the new PVE system. Didn't get much traction there, so I thought I would try it again in a more appropriate setting. Original post: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=41535&start=20#p499182

<snip>

Suggestions:
* Cut out the placement rewards. Instead:
- Have each node w/ 7 rewards
-- 6 being your standard tokens/iso/etc
-- 7th available only after having earned previous 6 and it is a Vault token
- Have a vault for each event
-- Vault has 300 (or more) rewards
-- On new character releases have 3 covers in the vault - 1 of each color
* Keep progression rewards similar to as they are now. Except:
- add more tiers
- increase value of iso rewards
* "Scaling"
- Start lower, like maybe 1/2 of the player's strength
- Increase between matches so that when the 7th match hits the opponent level is maybe 1.5 times the players level (like when I take my championed mags/loki/lthor up against level 280 moonstone/jugs/rags)
* 24 hours to complete all 7 attempts on all 9 nodes
- Perhaps another vault token for completing all 63 matches per sub event so that each sub event awards a total of 10 vault tokens and a total of 70+ potential vault tokens over the course of a 7 day event (3 and 4 day events should be scaled accordingly on the amount of rewards in the vault)
[/list]
Benefits of my suggestions:
    * If it really is about income, people will buy 10 and 40 packs on the vaults to ensure the get all 3 covers of new characters * PVE potentially becomes more popular as it is now challenging, but not difficult and the rewards are worth playing for * Players can play at their own pace and as much as they want depending on what they want * Everyone can be guaranteed a legitimate opportunity on getting new characters

<snip>