Fleshbag Marauder

Options
shteev
shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
How exactly does Fleshbag Marauder work?

From the card, it seems pretty obvious... you need more than one creature in play, and if you do, you sacrifice your first creature to kill your opponent's first creature.

If you have another creature when Fleshbag Marauder comes into play, you are given an option box to select a creature, which seems superfluous, since as the card describes it, there are no options to take. You can also choose not to sacrifice a creature.

Yesterday I tried to select a different creature, other than first creature, to see what happened; no sacrifice/destroy effect occured. Unfortunately I don't remember the exact state of the board, I merely assumed that I tried to create an effect that was not allowed by the card and so nothing happened.

Today, however, I was in this situation: My opponent had a Blight Herder, and I had a Fleshbag Marauder (in position 1) and an Erebos's Titan (in position 2). I cast another Fleshbag Marauder, selected the Erebos's Titan, and both the Titan and the Blight Herder were destroyed.

Comments

• Rootbreaker
    Rootbreaker Posts: 396
    Options
    Was your opponent's creature in the Yesterday example an Undergrowth Champion? That guy is (I assume) bugged, so that he doesn't die to removal, in addition to what his ability says.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No, I'd have definitely remembered if it was a weird creature like an Undergrowth Champion.
  • alextfish
    alextfish Posts: 192
    Options
    I've definitely used Fleshbag Marauder to sacrifice Despoiler of Souls (and get it back) when Despoiler was in 2nd place, and I didn't lose my 1st-place creature.
  • Upstartes
    Upstartes Posts: 98
    Options
    I have always been able to select a creature on my side that wasn't in first position and have the destroy effect work on my opponent. I don't know if this is a bug or if it is working as intended.