Point Loss After Shielding

TheRealJRad
TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
Look, I get there's gonna be some sync lag, but this has been awful lately. I've been experiencing at moments where I have shielded, and then lost points minutes later. It shouldn't have to be a chore to go and ensure that there is a sync between the server and your client before you can make sure that you're not going to lose points after spending HP to Shield up. I get losing points a few seconds after shielding, but this is beyond ridiculous. In this industry, a few seconds may as well be forever

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you view your score on the leaderboard after putting up your shield, you will see your accurate current score. Sometimes your local client doesn't know about a hit that happened yet.

The delay isn't people hitting you after you shield, it's delayed notifications of hits.

Which is not to say there's nothing wrong, but it's not the problem it first looks like.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    This happened to me last night. I came out of a fight, and knew that if taken a hit while I was playing because my score was 100 points lower than it had been. I decided to shield out, and went back to CW. It was several minutes later that the notifications of the losses came in, but my score didn't change because they were already reflected in it.

Messaging over the Internet is fraught with delays. Complicating matters further, the client also communicates with Facebook to save data. To make our game play experience smoother, the client and server are not synchronized, otherwise you'd have to keep a constant flow of data to keep the connection alive and would see a lot more Check Internet Connection messages.

The common advice is to check the leader boards after you shield. That will at least make sure your score is up to date. Any notifications of losses shouldn't change it after that.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    I always do the leaderboard thing, and that normally works, but it hasn't been consistent lately. Last night I shielded, checked the boards, opened a token, checked another event, then lost points like 30 seconds after. This happened recently and I chalked it up to a fluke. When it happened again last night, I have to wonder if there's a problem.