CW Run 2 !!!! Success???

Phumade
Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Overall, I thought this was by far the best run event. No server issues, and while the scaling was absurdly highly, it was beatable without any weird exploits.

Overall, my 5* are low 400 and I was facing side nodes around 392ish. Brutal but not unwinnable.

However it still seems absurd to be forced to bring a 2* essential to a 5* battle. Its especially noticable when the enemy has the 2 5*.

But overall, very well done event.

Comments

• TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Phumade wrote:
    Overall, I thought this was by far the best run event. No server issues, and while the scaling was absurdly highly, it was beatable without any weird exploits.

Overall, my 5* are low 400 and I was facing side nodes around 392ish. Brutal but not unwinnable.

However it still seems absurd to be forced to bring a 2* essential to a 5* battle. Its especially noticable when the enemy has the 2 5*.

But overall, very well done event.

That's one thing I will definitely agree with. My Ares got absolutely obliterated during his essential nodes. If there's a 2* essential node, there should probably be a level cap on it, even if it means you will completely overpower it with other characters.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Removing the wave nodes would be nice, it gets a little crazy facing 2 waves of 300+ opponents, and the second wave gets all the unused AP. Also, can't even tell who you're facing until you make an attempt.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    The wave nodes were a little out of hand at the end and the event could have used a bit more HP and ISO but otherwise an unmitigated success.

More rewards than any other event, top alliances had a shot at all rewards and any solid PVE alliance finished at least one side with many getting to level 6, 7 or 8 on the other side. Easy nodes day 1 which got progressively tougher as the event went on but not so hard they couldn't be beaten. This event was really, really fun and had my entire alliance tuned in and engaging each other with strategies for each of the bosses and nodes and I really hope they run it again in the future.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't say for certain, but I suspect that level 400 5*s v. lvl 392 is significantly easier than what most players got. I think this might be an illustration of the difficulty in trying to have a single scaling system for 3* and 5* rosters.

(personally I was forced to use a handful of 4* champs and boosted 3*s in the 245-280 range against subnodes in the 320 range by the end. That was not fun, especially when I was forced to bring a 2* or newly released 4* along).

But it's definitely true that there were no server issues and the cover rewards were significantly better than 'normal' events (though iso, HP, and CP rewards were still too low).
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    But it's definitely true that there were no server issues

Except for the whole round transition kerfuffle that cost some alliances tens of thousands of points.
  • Born2DieNPvP
    Born2DieNPvP Posts: 163
    I enjoyed both runs of Civil War. My ultra casual alliance managed to beat round 4 on both sides each run netting 4 4* so can't complain. Well I can complain slightly about the scaling getting ridiculous on the non-boss nodes but all in all it was a lot of fun.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    But it's definitely true that there were no server issues

Except for the whole round transition kerfuffle that cost some alliances tens of thousands of points.

I heard about that, but it never really showed up for our alliance. didn't seem any different than the normal 'takes a while the game recognize when ever a round ends.' I always try to avoid playing whenever my alliance is close to finishing a round.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    I can't say for certain, but I suspect that level 400 5*s v. lvl 392 is significantly easier than what most players got. I think this might be an illustration of the difficulty in trying to have a single scaling system for 3* and 5* rosters.

The champed 5* rosters were seeing levels in in the 436 range, so I may very well be in the scaling sweet spot. I know the wave nodes were more luck based than overpower roster. The wave nodes were the real breaking point. not sure I could have survived another level jump
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:

The champed 5* rosters were seeing levels in in the 436 range, so I may very well be in the scaling sweet spot. I know the wave nodes were more luck based than overpower roster. The wave nodes were the real breaking point. not sure I could have survived another level jump

I'm in early 3* land (9 champs none over 172) with two 5*s each with one cover at 255. During the last refresh I was looking at teams in the 240s to 260s. All very beatable with synergistic teams although it did require plenty of health packs. Burned through all 40 of my tokens in one of the taco vaults, mostly because I couldn't pull health packs to save my life.

Had to use some offbeat teams to do some of the nodes and Howard the Duck absolutely saved me in round 8 of the Team Cap side. There were two wave nodes I couldn't beat but outside of those two matches and a couple of the level 7 and 8 boss matches I was able to win my matches.
  • Ungoliant
    Ungoliant Posts: 29
    Even though all my tokens this round were 2 star.png and the feeder node's scaling was insane, overall it was a fun event. No server crashing, did pretty well with the awards, and I enjoyed feeling like the alliance as a whole was working towards something more concrete. Gave more of a sense of team work and coordination.

Much more fun than Galactus: I had more of a chance against Cap or Iron Man at winning. Any chance of the Civil War event being run again in the future, d3? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    I'll be honest, the only way I got through the late-game minion nodes was with the bugged Vision making everybody more powerful. It meant I couldn't do the fights on Team Cap's side, but them's the breaks.

Overall, though, really enjoyed the event. Practically showered with 4*, and got 2 covers of a brand new 5*. If I had to give it a rating, I'd say probably about an 8/10.

It's kind of hard for me to complain about the minion nodes, because the bosses still fell more or less easily to Charlie's Angels. Hopefully they'll not make the minion scaling as crazy for whatever events come down the line.
  • Bulls
    Bulls Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    We've done im side relativly quickly so scaling wasn't an issue there.
    On cap side, when things started to be complicated I've actually enjoyed it most. I was using just 2 combinations - either Thing with 4* cyc (355) or iceman with im40 (on every wave fight) and winfinity on boss (this time Im felt way easier than cap). Each time I've used 5-7 hps total so it was really managable and only boost used were crit boosts on boss (doesn't change much as once you're running he's dead anyway). Opponents in last reset had lvls around 327 and winning each fight felt as an achievment. Whole event was excelent , gave tones of covers (mostly dupes but hey - that's 1k iso each :p) and most of all took way less time than regular pve.
    For me it was definitly success and I wish we could get boss event once each month.