better to open LTs now or after the refresh?

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So I have a couple of regular LTs stockpiled from champing a few 3*s and I am trying to figure out my best option.

I could open them now. I don't yet have bss or GG, so one cover for either of them isn't too exciting a prospect, but Phoenix is my best 5* at 2/2/2.

Or I could wait for im46 and cap to replace bss and phoenix (i have both civil war 5*s from the events, but neither one is near as well covered as phoenix).

So do I take a 3.33% chance at a more valuable cover? Or a 6.66% chance for a useful cover?

Comments

• Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was investigating this as well recently. The responses were just the sort of information I needed: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=14&t=44376

The tl;dr is
    Phoenix is good, arguably 2nd best 5* right now (strong in her own right, but also a fantastic team mate for OML)
    No-one can agree on BSSM, although the main argument for him is that he's got stuns and counters OML
    Green Goblin is also strong, and a worthwhile draw
    IM Mk46 is strong, but really does require Team IM teammates in order to really reach his full potential and rival OML in damage output
    Cap is also a 5* character

The only other consideration is the fact that you're likely going to be getting 4*'s, so would you rather wait for Winter Soldier and War Machine? For me, I decided to cash in my tokens in advance of the change. In the end, it didn't matter as I got no 5*'s from my small stash. They mostly weren't good 4* covers either, but were for characters which I still "needed" those covers, so in the end I got some "progression" out of it.
  • PeterGibbons316
    PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    lol @ "Cap is also a 5* character"

Personally Phoenix/BSS > Cap/IM so yes - open them. I've gone back and forth on this, but the more I look at BSS (and recently played against him a bit) the more I like him compared to Cap/IM. IM I think would be a lot better if he didn't rely on Team IM characters.