What happened to balance talks?

elwhiteninja
elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
I know its been a while and you folks at d3 have been busy with all the movie tie ins and stuff but what happened to balancing the older characters?

We have not had a character looked at since IM40 (nice job on that by the way) and Vision in February. I understand that older characters do not make as much money but as a developer I want all my work to be used not just the most recent. So are the following characters going to get some love?

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_mrfantastic.png Mr. Lametastic is ignore-able, weak, slow, and as icon_thing.png is the only viable of the fantastic 4 he is pretty much worthless for his black
icon_invisiblewoman.png Slooooow greenflag.png that does very low damage for how expensive it is. Her yellowflag.png is pretty good but defense is much weaker than offense.
icon_hulkcho.png the bagman of ****.
icon_drax.png Interesting redflag.png for early nuke, very confusing blackflag.png as icon_kingpin.png does almost the exact same thing in the same color and for half the cost plus it does not work with icon_deadpool.png which is kind of a joke. purpleflag.png is expensive and ends the turn for no reason.
icon_spidergwen.pnghttps://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=44686 Great article on her
icon_captainamerica.pngicon_falcon.png Falcap could do great damage but his ratios are very expensive, he is slow, part of a flooded color and while his blue is super interesting it is also not that useful with the current 4 stars as very few use cds and add tiles maybe he would be great with icon_warmachine.png but i have not tried it yet.
icon_starlord.png decent purpletile.png and his redflag.png & yellowflag.png are interesting but he is one that I would never spend ISO on
icon_wolverine.png Nerfing greenflag.png & blackflag.png was too much he is another one that got the league of legends treatment in that he was way too strong and is now very weak. He needs a health boost probably to a similar level as his clone icon_x23.png and his greenflag.png needs a bit more umph too it.

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
icon_hulk.png Hulk is so ignore-able he does not seem like the strongest character in the marvel universe. He is mainly used as a scarecrow for newer people or a green generator thanks to his great blackflag.png . His greenflag.png does great shake but next to 0 damage, his redflag.png is crazy expensive and does terrible damage for the cost.
icon_caroldanvers.png another very interesting character who is great against a very niche crowed but does very low damage and has no way to force people to damage her. A very interesting idea for her would be to give her a icon_colossus_new.png -esk active on her yellowflag.png that would move her to the front.
icon_vision.png The same problem with his yellow as icon_caroldanvers.png also his damage for cost is very low.
icon_psylocke.png All psylocke really needs is the ability to add unlimited strike.png with her redflag.png and maybe a slight str boost.
icon_ragnarok.png Just bad but I don't mind cause he is such a common foe.
icon_sentry.png Over nerfed redflag.png should not end the turn or it should have the team damage removed
icon_spiderman.png Have you ever had a terrible opponent cascade and just had spider-man left? The game is winnable but you are going to be there FOREVER. 0 offensive abilities for the webslinger, a burst heal yellowflag.png and a pretty decent blueflag.png that is massively overshadowed by icon_iceman.png. His purpleflag.png is ok. Personally I would like to see his yellowflag.png changed to something along the lines of his star.png counterpart's redflag.png .

If even one of these characters received love a patch I would be so happy.

I think the question would be asked if I had enough iso8.png to champion only 1 or 2 characters who would I do(where most of the game is)? If that question is easily answered ( icon_ironman.pngicon_iceman.pngicon_jeangrey.pngicon_redhulk.png ) and no one would ever say icon_hulkcho.pngicon_drax.pngicon_starlord.pngicon_mrfantastic.png etc.

Please make us excited for every PVE reward, token pull, and PVP 1000 reward (obviously impossible but we can hope)

Comments

• elwhiteninja
    Any chance we can get a RED comment on this?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I Think the chance of that happening is somewhere between "slim" and "none", probably closer to the latter.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster wrote:
    I Think the chance of that happening is somewhere between "slim" and "none", and Slim just left town.

ftfy
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moderator note: moving this thread to the Suggestions and Feedback.
  • elwhiteninja
    Quebbster wrote:
    I Think the chance of that happening is somewhere between "slim" and "none", probably closer to the latter.
    I know but I can dream. It's just sad because it would not take that much work to tweak 1 character's numbers a patch.

I always feel much less apprehensive about spending money on games where the development team is actively improving all of the content even if slowly.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think they made some changes, and the collective feedback was "meh", so they figured why bother.

Although I will say that people did really enjoy the IM star.pngstar.pngstar.png update. That was very nice.

I almost wish that they would ask us what we thought of updates before doing them, just to save the work involved if people don't like it. I don't know.. just an idea.