Why shield in PvP is not working?

Cioper
Cioper Posts: 10
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Had 900 points and shielded. Later lost 120 points in 3 enemy attacks. How is that possible?!?

Well 150 Hero Points spent btw... -.-'

Comments

• beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    It's working just fine. The servers just finally resolved the outcomes of all battles and finally updated. You are flying just high enough to be a prime target for multiple parties and so any battles that started before that shield was bought can affect your score depending on outcome.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    When shielding, do what you can to force the game/server to sync. The fastest way ive found is to check your alliance rank, and then the individual scores within it. I often then check individual rank, T10 and skip a couple nodes.
  • Cioper
    Cioper Posts: 10
    any battles that started before that shield was bought can affect your score depending on outcome.

It never worked that way. In previous PvP rounds even if I lose some battle few seconds after I shielded, point lose was nullified.

MarvelMan wrote:
    When shielding, do what you can to force the game/server to sync. The fastest way ive found is to check your alliance rank, and then the individual scores within it. I often then check individual rank, T10 and skip a couple nodes.

Thanks for advice, I'll try it out. Anyway it's weird that game isn't synchronizing by itself when you use shield...
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got hit after I shielded as well today.

Servers are probably really busy or something, refresh your leaderboards then shield so it doesnt happen, about the only thing you can do.
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    More than likely you're getting hit prior to shielding and the hit is just showing now due to server lag. Points should be displaying in real time. I play pvp on my iPad with line up on my phone and often see hit notifications on my phone far before they pop up in game. When I see a notification on my phone, I check my points and they instantly reflect post hit.
  • RWTDBurn
    RWTDBurn Posts: 291
    MarvelMan wrote:

This right here. Always go into the event rank and look at either the player rank or alliance rank immediately after shielding to force the client/sever sync. If you don't then you are risking getting hit several minutes after you actually shield. You would think that they would design the shielding option better so that when you applied your shield it would force a client/server sync but sadly that isn't the case.