Future Game Progression

westnyy2
westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
This is not a thread about us needing more game options or ISO but rather how to deal the random progression to the 5 Star phase.

I don't love the idea that the classic tokens are going to 2.5% but I can live with it. How are transitioning and newer players supposed to level these characters. My solution is simple and an easy implement. Have more classic packs. Pack 1 consists of Surfer and Logan while the secondary pack consists of Phoenix and BSS. The odds remain the same and the cost remains the same. At least this way you can legitimately choose who to focus on. Trying to level any of the 4 that are going into the classic pack will be near impossible very soon. Throw into the mix that you win certain color covers instead of just that character only worsens your odds. The impending switch is not the solution and will only further turn off your customer base. Going forward more changes will need to be made but let's focus on the current issue.

Every time someone from my alliance has quit over the last few months is because of a lack of progression whether it's competing with whales or RNGesus it's a deflating feeling that you don't need from a match 3 puzzle game. I can only hope the devs will make an easy switch.

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Still haven't found anyone who likes RNG-only progression. 4* starting to feel that way with so many characters diluting the pool.
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    I don't love it either but it's about to get worse in my opinion. We were just talking about it in our alliance and a couple of things were met with approval. First, more events like CW where the prize is a 5. It's not easy to do and gets everyone excited. The other suggestion was similar to the CW token but with a rotating monthly character. I would personally pay 30 pc for a 10% chance at OML. Silver Surfer or Black Suit Spidey not so much.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    westnyy2 wrote:
    First, more events like CW where the prize is a 5. It's not easy to do and gets everyone excited.

I'm cool with this from a covers perspective, since potentially 2 x 5 and 6 x 4 (plus whatever is below that) is tremendous for 3.5 days work, and probably in tune with current need, if you ran something like this once a season. Not to mention it makes having an alliance mean something, which is important.

From an iso perspective, this event gives virtually nothing. So we need something else, specifically more double events. At first I was annoyed it was PvE vs PvP from a farming perspective, but capping the amount possible but at a strong output (~175k for one week) is a good way to keep the bean counters and players happy at the same time.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    westnyy2 wrote:

Every time someone from my alliance has quit over the last few months is because of a lack of progression whether it's competing with whales or RNGesus it's a deflating feeling that you don't need from a match 3 puzzle game. I can only hope the devs will make an easy switch.

This stood out for me, progression, progression, progression.
    I don't think I will EVER forgive the decision maker who decided to remove the option to level up our heroes powers with Gold Hero coins.

Its up there with Captain America turning out to be a TINYKITTY agent of HYDRA.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    3 stars are the new 2 stars and they should be treated as such.

It's far pass time that tokens and rewards get reevaluated by the developers.
  • Frigs
    Frigs Posts: 35
    westnyy2 wrote:

This stood out for me, progression, progression, progression.
    I don't think I will EVER forgive the decision maker who decided to remove the option to level up our heroes powers with Gold Hero coins.

Its up there with Captain America turning out to be a TINYKITTY agent of HYDRA.

they should allow you to level up characters with iso, then jack the price of iso through the roof
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    5*'s are luck based hooks to real in people. They are are perpetual carrot on a stick for 99% of the player base, as they are intended.

Real progression should be the 4* tier. That's kind of messed up too though, as once you have 2 useful ones, you really don't need any others.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Still haven't found anyone who likes RNG-only progression. 4* starting to feel that way with so many characters diluting the pool.

I'm sure there are plenty of people that are happy with the 5* progression. They are the ones that have 20 5*s out of 100 tokens and 10 of them are OML.

Of course none of those people are on this forum.