O Old Man Logan, Where Art Thou? (emptied hoard)

madok
madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So I wanted to be like TxMoose and empty the vaults before the odds went down to get the one 5* that mattered. I had 900 CP banked so I was able to open up 45 classics. Here are the results:

Pulls in Order
:milesmorales: yellowflag.png
icon_elektra.pngpurpleflag.png
icon_falcon.pngredflag.png
icon_x23.pngpurpleflag.png
icon_nickfury.pngblueflag.png
icon_quake.pngblueflag.png
token_legendary.pngicon_jeangrey.pngredflag.png
icon_mrfantastic.pngblackflag.png
icon_thing.pngredflag.png
icon_iceman.pnggreenflag.png
icon_x23.pngpurpleflag.png
icon_punisher.pnggreenflag.png
icon_nickfury.pngyellowflag.png
icon_drax.pngblackflag.png
icon_elektra.pngpurpleflag.png
icon_wolverine.pnggreenflag.png
icon_mrfantastic.pngyellowflag.png
icon_jeangrey.pngpurpleflag.png
icon_ghostrider.pngblackflag.png
icon_iceman.pngblueflag.png
icon_falcon.pngyellowflag.png
icon_hulkcho.pngblackflag.png
token_legendary.pngicon_jeangrey.pnggreenflag.png
token_legendary.pngicon_silversurfer.pngredflag.png
icon_quake.pnggreenflag.png
icon_thor.pngblueflag.png
icon_kingpin.pngpurpleflag.png
icon_mrfantastic.pngblueflag.png
icon_x23.pngredflag.png
icon_mrfantastic.pngyellowflag.png
icon_hulkcho.pngblackflag.png
icon_ghostrider.pngblackflag.png
icon_mrfantastic.pngblackflag.png
icon_starlord.pngredflag.png
token_legendary.pngicon_jeangrey.pngpurpleflag.png
icon_invisiblewoman.pnggreenflag.png
icon_ironman.pngredflag.png
icon_starlord.pngredflag.png
icon_carnage.pnggreenflag.png
icon_cyclops.pngredflag.png
icon_nova.pngblackflag.png
icon_ghostrider.pnggreenflag.png
icon_ghostrider.pngredflag.png

Pulls by rarity/character
:star:star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png

token_legendary.pngicon_jeangrey.pngredflag.pnggreenflag.pngpurpleflag.png
token_legendary.pngicon_silversurfer.pngredflag.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png

icon_miles.pngyellowflag.png
icon_elektra.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.png
icon_falcon.pngredflag.pngyellowflag.png
icon_x23.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.pngredflag.png
icon_nickfury.pngblueflag.pngyellowflag.pngblueflag.pngblueflag.png
icon_quake.pngblueflag.pnggreenflag.png
icon_mrfantastic.pngblackflag.pngyellowflag.pngblueflag.pngyellowflag.pngblackflag.png
icon_thing.pngredflag.png
icon_iceman.pnggreenflag.pngblueflag.png
icon_punisher.pnggreenflag.png
icon_drax.pngblackflag.png
icon_wolverine.pnggreenflag.png
icon_jeangrey.pngpurpleflag.png
icon_ghostrider.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.pnggreenflag.pngredflag.png
icon_hulkcho.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.png
icon_thor.pngblueflag.png
icon_kingpin.pngpurpleflag.png
icon_starlord.pngredflag.pngredflag.png
icon_invisiblewoman.pnggreenflag.png
icon_ironman.pngredflag.png
icon_carnage.pnggreenflag.png
icon_cyclops.pngredflag.png
icon_nova.pngblackflag.png

Takeaways
As the subject implies, I wanted more covers for 3/1/1 OML. Didn't get any of those.

Failing that, I was hoping to at least get red and purple Rulk covers so I could finish him off. Didn't get any of those.

Out of all those 4 star covers, I can only apply 9 of them (10 if you count upping Mr **** to 4 blues). I can also use 6 for champion levels. The rest is is pretty much just ISO.

On the bright side, I now can have a fully covered Phoenix. Mine was sitting at 3/5/3 before I pulled all of these. But even if I apply her covers, I don't want to level her because I don't have an OML or other 5* to level with her which everyone says she needs. And I could even start a 1 purple dupe. I'm so excited I can't hide it. icon_rolleyes.gif

I pulled 4 5*s which just under 9% so it could have been worse.

This should have been exciting and fun to do but it was just frustrating.

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmm, the game really, really wants you to use Mr. Fantastic. Obviously, you need to max him out and champion him. Right now. Today.

Seriously though, it sucks that you'll have to waste Phoenix covers. Hope you get some Die Hard covers next time.
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    Just out of curiosity, if you are in need of a specific cover and have that much CP, why not level it outright instead?
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    If all you wanted was OML, you should have bought him with your cp. 3* chance of getting Logan means a 97% chance of NOT getting OML.
  • madok
    Those are good points. Especially the Mr. Fantastic advice. I'll get to work on that right now since he was already cover maxed. icon_lol.gif

As for OML, one cover would have been a nice little bump but not worth spending 720 CPs for a single cover. I would have been happy if I would have actually got even just one consolation Rulk cover from RNGesus.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's not worth spending 720 cp for a single cover unless you're a whale who spends tons of $$$ on the game.

Otherwise it's too painful to spend 2-3 months of work on a single cover, even an oml cover.
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    mpqr7 wrote:
    It's not worth spending 720 cp for a single cover unless you're a whale who spends tons of $$$ on the game.

Otherwise it's too painful to spend 2-3 months of work on a single cover, even an oml cover.

But instead he got 9 or 10 covers he can use out of 45, with the rest becoming ISO. I find that more painful than getting what I know I need.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:

But instead he got 9 or 10 covers he can use out of 45, with the rest becoming ISO. I find that more painful than getting what I know I need.

I'm sure his max covered phoenix is usable. I see plenty of them in pvp with or without oml. And there's plenty of value to getting usable and champ covers as well.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm 9 command points short of 2000. Hopefully hit 1300 in doom pvp on my next hop and I'll start a thread with my 100 pulls
  • Ding
    Ding Posts: 179
    How on earth do you people hoard like that? I'm up to 160 and its almost melting my phone. That being said it is most certainly not worth spending 720cp on a specific cover unless you need a specific color in addition to the specific character. Also Phoenix was great until the recent nerf/bug. Not OML great, but still very much worth using.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been hoarding since Feb. Getting most rewards in the game that had command points in PVP and PVE events since
  • Ding
    Ding Posts: 179
    Oh I understand how you got them. Just amazed that you're able to stop yourself from spending them.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel your pain, I am in a 'super fun' streak of 65 pulls without pulling an OML. I even have started to consider using 720CPs to buy one cover (!!!!), yeah I know that is crazy stupid. But at least my OML already has 10 covers, so I guess I can't complain... (with one more I could level him to 420 and probably be safe even from maxed 5s)

Then I also have problems with pulling purple Phoenixs (mine in pulls is 6/1/4 and my SS 3/4/5). So I pull 5s, which is cool, but even being lucky pulling 5s, I am pulling A LOT of the wrong ones :S :S :S

PS: And things are going to be probably much worse when Spidey gets in the classics icon_e_sad.gif I will start pulling just him icon_razz.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    condolences on the OML drought but that phoenix looks nice. not sure how you feel about leveling/using her, but I'd certainly be tempted - its a pretty big commitment to take the plunge on your second 5* from what I hear. fully covered though, I'd take a close look at snowcatt's experience (with petergibbons' post in there too):

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=44648

congrats on a fully covered 5*.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    madok wrote:
    Takeaways
    As the subject implies, I wanted more covers for 3/1/1 OML. Didn't get any of those.

Failing that, I was hoping to at least get red and purple Rulk covers so I could finish him off. Didn't get any of those.

Out of all those 4 star covers, I can only apply 9 of them (10 if you count upping Mr **** to 4 blues). I can also use 6 for champion levels. The rest is is pretty much just ISO.

On the bright side, I now can have a fully covered Phoenix. Mine was sitting at 3/5/3 before I pulled all of these. But even if I apply her covers, I don't want to level her because I don't have an OML or other 5* to level with her which everyone says she needs. And I could even start a 1 purple dupe. I'm so excited I can't hide it. icon_rolleyes.gif

I pulled 4 5*s which just under 9% so it could have been worse.

This should have been exciting and fun to do but it was just frustrating.

So long as you're not worried about the 5* MMR (and you could get away with it anyway, I reckon) then I'd champion Phoenix right away, man. Duping is kinda stupid unless you reckon you'll start coming into more covers for her immediately. Even then, champion levels would serve you better anyway. Do you think you'll ever have so much surplus Iso that you'll actually level a second one? I doubt that so much it hurts.
  • madok
    El Satanno wrote:
    So long as you're not worried about the 5* MMR (and you could get away with it anyway, I reckon) then I'd champion Phoenix right away, man. Duping is kinda stupid unless you reckon you'll start coming into more covers for her immediately. Even then, champion levels would serve you better anyway. Do you think you'll ever have so much surplus Iso that you'll actually level a second one? I doubt that so much it hurts.

Interesting idea. I would need to bank another 100K ISO to be able to max her out. The question is, would a 330 OML and max Phoenix be able to perform in PVP?

Plus, I would be kind of sad to then be limited to rolling out those 2 characters for everything. It sucks when the best characters in the game put you in this situation.