Civil War Iron Man vs. Cap Boss Battle

Warbringa
Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So on the first run through I mainly fought against Iron (on Team Cap) since my roster was better suited for that side, other than sometimes fighting nodes on the other side due to various reasons. This time I thought I would try the reverse and fight Cap....as a boss fight Cap seems way, way more difficult than Iron Man. I advised my alliance (pure public casual so we don't advance very far anyway) that I thought we should concentrate on fighting Iron Man since he seems the easier of the two bosses.

Does anyone else have an opinion on which is easier as a boss, IM or Cap?

Comments

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    last time, cap was easier. They buffed him... he's much tougher now.

In the first 2 rounds, he put out 2 CD tiles, but when they resolved, only 1 ally came to him. Once you hit Round 3, if they both resolved, both summoned an ally, so you were 3 on 3.

3 Active characters with 9 active abilities, it's going to get tough. His shield bash will come faster and harder than last time with the free AP from his allies, and the biggest meat shield we had last time (IMHB) is not buffed, so you will take some damage and use health packs.

Here's hoping he summons an Ally with a Red attack that he chooses to save up for instead of using it for himself, but at such a cheap cost, he will likely use the red himself and bash you to death.
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    I haven't fought against Iron Man this time yet, but House Party Protocol was a real PITA in the first run.
  • xmedia
    xmedia Posts: 8
    They also buffed him so that he could summon the 2 CD tiles on his first turn.
  • johnmcclane
    johnmcclane Posts: 170
    I fought IM in CW1 and now I'm fighting against a l350 Cap on round 6. Even if they buffed him I still find easier fighting Cap than IM, mainly because you can still focus on him without worrying on those protecting mini-IMs.
    (but yes, in CW1 he was way easier)