Newb Report 01: Legendary Token Fail

Dex 007
Dex 007 Posts: 13
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Finally decided to turn in the few legendary tokens I've gathered since starting MPQ. I was totally bummed when one of the three returned a 5* Green Goblin cover. As a day 95 player who has been leveling broadly rather than narrowly I absolutely cannot use this as a 255/89/89 level average would make the difficulty un-playable.

Now while I understand that not all rewards should be applicable to all player levels, the thing that puzzles me is that the starting level for the 5*'s is completely out of line with the design that seemed to be in place up to that point. For the other rarities there seemed to be a very consistent calculation of new start level around 42% of previous rarity max and new max level chosen so that the previous max is about 50-60% of the new one. The 5* blows this out of the water; it's like they skipped 5 and 6 stars and went right to 7 (well, 6.5 to be fair), but only on the start level.

I would of thought that the game design would have been something like this:
                    Cstart/
Stars Start  Max     Pmax    Pmax/Cmax
1       1      50	
2      15      94    .300      .532
3      40     166    .426      .566
4      70     270    .422      .615
5     115     450    .426      .6
6     190     750    .422      .6
7     315    1250    .42       .6

Instead we get 5* characters that start out at 255. No wonder the current game for higher level players (doesn't include me) appears to be broken in favor of 5* or nothing. I'd almost think that someone fat fingered a number somewhere and it snuck past testing.

Heck, if the 5* GG I just got was only level 115 I could actually consider rostering it and sucking up the difficulty bump until I leveled up a few more heroes/villains. Instead, sometime in the next two weeks I'll have to discard it for a miserly 2000 ISO. It's such a waste that I'm not sure I'll even want to turn in more legendary tokens until I can actually take the hit of a 5* bump.

edited with proper ISO for 5*