BigMao Posts: 117
edited May 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
SkaabGoliath.png
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• alextfish
    alextfish Posts: 192
    Options
    Wants pairing with Eldrazi Skyspawner, Incubator Drone or Thopter Spy Network. But that does take the total cost up to 22-26... which is sortof justabout okay for a 6/9 berserker, but not great.

I think the idea is to pair it with very cheap creatures like Screeching Skaab, Murk Strider, and Windrider Patrol. Then you're only paying 18-20 mana for a 6/9 berserker. Even that is merely okay, and requires you to stuff your deck with very bad creatures and draw the right combos at the right time.
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I really feel that this card should force a discard from hand as a condition instead of creature destruction. Feels like a more appropriate penalty for blue. Or it could drain mana from other cards in hand. Just some thoughts.
  • alextfish
    alextfish Posts: 192
    Options
    Sacrificing creatures does seem a rather strange adaptation of the real Magic card's effect, which needs to use up creature cards in your graveyard.
    Image.ashx?multiverseid=398559&type=card
  • nexus13
    nexus13 Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Because of stacking he doesn't even work with tokens the way he would if it was written that way in paper magic. He always completely clears your board if he sticks around. The only use I see for it is in story mode when you don't have the objective yet and you're going to win too soon you could drop it to slow yourself down til you've taken enough damage to reach the objective.