another rng progression griping thread!

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
[obviously this is nothing new. Just more irritated observations]

Ugh, I finally buck the odds on event tokens and 2 4*s from 6 event tokens (devices to actually cash some in hoping for a few more precious cyclops covers).

(1) carnage green: only color of his that I have maxed. Useless to me.

(2) fury yellow: he's been covered since September or so, but I don't have the iso to level him (he's 6th or 7th on my list now, let alone as I cover more better 4*s, so I doubt that i will champ him anytime soon).

Rng is a fine as a supplemental building mechanism. But there is currently no primary building system for 4*s for the vast a majority of players.

I collect 1k covers where possible, but that's now down to 1 every 3 months or so. And I do not have the time to grind too 10 finishes in pve (i might actually have an interest in it for good characters. But it's upwards of 2.5 hours of grinding everyday, including during work hours and sleep hours. Its just not possible for me without seriously comprising my quality of real life).

And whaling even a single 4* would cost about 1/2 a month's rent (1 $100 buyers' club per 4* cover at current cp rates). Again, it's not really possible for me without seriously compromising real world quality of life.

Back in the 3* days, rng was truly supplemental, as my main cover income was 2-4 covers per event from placement and alliance rewards. That meant 8-20 fixed covers every week depending on how much time I devoted to playing. It reliably took me 1-2 months to cover new releases. Now I could play just as hard, spend $200/month, and make slower progress on my endgame roster.

This new system is much more tedious, much more frustrating, and really sapping my enthusiasm for the game.