1-4 all 5* covers: lucky or unlucky?

pabasa130
pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
3ypvGdDm.jpgovQuAi2m.jpg

As you can see in the first two pages of my roster, I have been "blessed" with 1-4 covers of each 5*. Two red 5* IM from my alliance completing round 8 and a *lucky* draw. Also got *lucky* enough to win a 5* Cap from the sole token from round 7.

It is apparently not enough, insofar as looking at PVP, and I am unfortunate to have been winning the 'wrong' covers. I have never, ever seen 5*BSS in PvP, and yet he is my best covered 5*. My OML is stuck at 0/2/1 for the longest time, and Phoenix is at 1/1/0 - pretty much her sole purpose in my roster is to die.

With my 4*s, I am comfortable enough to reach 1000 points in PvP (with little to no shields even), but any attempt to go beyond 1100 is a futile effort as I face endless OMLs and Phoenixes that bar my way. It still hurts because I feel like missing out on 1300 points is literally missing the feedback loop, where you play well enough to win CPs for tokens, which gives you more chances to improve your already good OML.

I don't have much a point; guess I just needed to vent. I also like my 4 covers BSS, but I wish I had more use for him rather than just to grind the easy nodes in PvE. Tried to ask for advice for his use on his character forum post, but it's a wasteland.

TL;DR: I'm lucky in that I have all 5*s, but I wish that my luck gave me more OML covers instead.

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    RNG can be brutal. We've had a couple Wrecking Crew (T50) that drew into max 5*'s super early and switched to the T20-types. Often they had more covers in that one 5* than all the rest combined.

That has been my "luck" lately. I drew three Phoenix covers yesterday and max-covered. Lucky! Right? Other 5*'s:
    "The only 5* that matters" (OML) 0/1/1 (Daily drop may be my third cover, ridiculous)
    SS 5/0/1
    SS 1/0/0 (drew sixth blue before getting black daily drop)
    Phoenix 0/1/0 (Yeah, had 1/5/1 originally so I was waiting to hit this extra as well)
    IM 1/0/0
    BSSM 0/1/0
    GG 0/0/0

13 covers in a Phoenix. 11 total other 5* covers (improved to hitting 6-7% on draw rate). Sure, drawing tons of tokens when Phoenix was in both so have better chances to max her. But I drew a ton of covers when OML was a high chance, and didn't pull tons of him.

Your frustration was mine - I was sitting at a 2/5/2 Phoenix two seasons ago, good 4* roster, and never bothered to push much beyond 1100 since it was pointless. But your frustration is everyone's - I haven't met anyone that likes the RNG nature of 5*'s! I keep seeing folks that have more 5* covers than I do - and no 4*'s higher than their 3*'s! How is that any sort of "fair" progression?

My suggestion is keep trying, eventually you'll get them. I cannot recommend Line enough - while folks will tell you 1300 is possible with enough skips and correct timing, 1300 is -very- easy with a good 4* roster and that outside communication.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    And once again we get to the same conclusion, how we win 5s is the worst thing they have ever implemented in this game icon_razz.gif

I have talked about this over and over and over with just very few acknowledgements from devs about this problem. The first big problem is pulling a 5, which is already quite hard (those 0-70 streaks are a nightmare), and then when you finally pull one, it is also super important pulling the correct one. We can also say, that even getting the correct color is also another phase (those 2/0/4 OMLs or 4/0/2 Phoenixs). And when you start pulling 6s covers for a particular color it is really fantastic, something everybody should experience on its own !!! icon_razz.gif

I was lucky enough to get to 10 OML covers some time ago, at that time I thought "Great, I am going to dominate PvP for a while! icon_e_biggrin.gif" and I was super happy, now flash forward three or four seasons after that, (like 60-70 LT tokens later) and I still have the exact same OML, I have pulled other 5s, specially Phoenix (but not the purple covers, most of them green :S ), but not an OML. So now, my OML is basically outclassed by the OMLs (or some other maxed Phoenixs) of A LOT of people. I know I am still over a lot of people, but it is incredible how these 3 seasons have impacted the number of my attacks I get, etc. The 5 I have now closer to max is SS which of course is like having none icon_razz.gif

This game has been "Try to cover OML faster than the rest" for a while, and it is anything but when you can't pull him icon_e_sad.gif

PS: It doesn't help that you can just basically level one 5 if you don't wan to be destroyed by scaling in PvE until you have two with almost all covers.