Make double ISO the standard ISO

alphabeta
alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
As simple as it sounds - no need for debate - if you agree simply post on this thread that you agree - if you don't no need to post - simple straw poll to show (or not) the level of support for an across the board ISO increase - assuming the game is still here next week once its over and we haven't all decided the rewards going from meagre to paltry doesn't have us all desert the game for something less rewarding.

Comments

• MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Hng, finger cracked clicking +1 too hard
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Considering the doubled ISO from this event has barely put a dent in the 230k total needed to max out one of my 4*s, yeah I say this shouldn't be double, it should be standard.

And then we can double the new standard later! 8D
  • Soitswritten
    Soitswritten Posts: 102
    Agreed. My XFDP is at 135 and after 3 subs I'm not even close to having the ISO to max him. Doubt I'll have it by the end. It's ridiculous that a 7 day event that I grind fully wouldn't give me the ISO on regular let alone double. So it's clearly not too much. And this is with a full grind. Leading my bracket thus far.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agreed and upboated. Toot toot!
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Agreed. With CP and LT making new players bump into the 4 and 5* almost immediately ISO simply needs to be upgraded.

My alliance has nurtured three brand new players recently and two of these have five star characters. One of these players has decent 3*s after three months and after this Civil war (assuming rewards are the same) he'll have a couple of useable 4*s lol
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    yep. if they're not going to take progression and ramp it up for the different tiers, screw it. flood everything. bring it on.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any new players in this thread?

I assume that the devs dont want to double iso for all events because they don't want to flood the new player demographic with iso.

So what is the actual experience of new players nowadays. Both for regular iso flow rates, and for this double iso event? Is there too much for you? Not enough?

(i remember the first anniversary event when everything was double iso for a while week. At the time I had just covered my first 3*s and was starting to feel the iso squeeze. That week was the only time iso flow in the game has ever felt commensurate to my iso needs. So I completely agree with TC.

Double iso should be implemented across the board. In all events and at all times. I still won't keep up with my needs, but I won't be losing pace by several hundred thousands every month.
  • Azoth658
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Any new players in this thread?

I assume that the devs dont want to double iso for all events because they don't want to flood the new player demographic with iso.

So what is the actual experience of new players nowadays. Both for regular iso flow rates, and for this double iso event? Is there too much for you? Not enough?

(i remember the first anniversary event when everything was double iso for a while week. At the time I had just covered my first 3*s and was starting to feel the iso squeeze. That week was the only time iso flow in the game has ever felt commensurate to my iso needs. So I completely agree with TC.

Double iso should be implemented across the board. In all events and at all times. I still won't keep up with my needs, but I won't be losing pace by several hundred thousands every month.

From what I have seen with my alliance the ISO is plentiful for them until they obtain more than a few covers for 3*s and up. Based on 4* being the new meta surely increasing ISO rates will all players and still leave you having to decide on which 4* to level/champ.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I lived in a blissful state for maybe a year where ISO was plentiful and I used it to pull silver tokens LOL. But ever since then, it's been way too meager. So yeah increase it for all!!! Hasten the n00b's journey to not having enough ISO!

Or make special, high-iso challenges for us advanced, elderly players! I'm happy with everyone getting more ISO.. whatever's easiest to implement. Or do both! More for all, plus more for advanced!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:

That, to me, is foolish thinking if you want to get your players addicted. If you're flooded with ISO early on, and you will be because it takes less than a week to max out a 1*, you'll feel like you're making epic progress. "Holy ****, I have more ISO given to me than I can ever make use of! This game's so generous!"

By the time they're trying to max out their 3* rosters they're too invested to stop.

So flooding the market early is not going to break the economy (because oh no, too many players have fully maxed out 1* and 2* characters. Game's ruined.) meanwhile those of us trying to max out and champion 4* characters find even this doubled rate of ISO is not enough to keep up with demand. I got my 13th Red Hulk cover recently and I need another 80k ISO to max him out and champion him. That is not going to happen by the time this double ISO event ends.

Not to mention this is one of those rare events with a one off 1500 ISO reward doubled to 3000 for each sub. Most of the events don't have that.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    I completely agree with the OP. As a player just starting to level-up my 4*, I'm shocked by how much harder it is/longer it takes, to feel like I'm making any progress. It's really burning me out, honestly. There must be additional sources for ISO.
  • djeternal
    djeternal Posts: 28
    Azoth658 wrote:
    From what I have seen with my alliance the ISO is plentiful for them until they obtain more than a few covers for 3*s and up. Based on 4* being the new meta surely increasing ISO rates will all players and still leave you having to decide on which 4* to level/champ.

I can't speak for those in your alliance; but, as a player that just hit day 46 I just added up the ISO needed to max out just the 2* I have. I need 223,985 on top of the 52,706 I have to max out the 9 I have and that would give me 2 2* maxed, not championed, Wolverine & Capt Marvel. So imo even for newer players that have gotten past the 1* stage I wouldn't say iso is "plentiful".
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    djeternal wrote:
    Azoth658 wrote:

I can't speak for those in your alliance; but, as a player that just hit day 46 I just added up the ISO needed to max out just the 2* I have. I need 223,985 on top of the 52,706 I have to max out the 9 I have and that would give me 2 2* maxed, not championed, Wolverine & Capt Marvel. So imo even for newer players that have gotten past the 1* stage I wouldn't say iso is "plentiful".

2* land (when I raised my first few 2*s above level 40) is when my iso needs started to outstrip my supply. But that was more than 18 month ago, so I don't know what the economy looks like with ddq and other changes that have been made since then.

I am surprised, djeternal, that you have 9 maxed 2*s after 46; well done. I think it took me more like 60 days to get 3 or 4 2*s maxed. And then it took me another 70-ish days to cover my first 3*. (and feel free to ignore the advice, but I would strongly recommend that you don't bother leveling all 9 of those 2*s. 4 or 5 of the top tier 2*s is all that necessary (you can hang on to the others for essential nodes, but save the iso for your 3*s and 4*s).
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Azoth658 wrote:

What 4* meta? /devthoughts
  • Azoth658
    woopie wrote:
    Azoth658 wrote:

What 4* meta? /devthoughts

Sorry you're right still 3* not 4 or 5 like the community thinks icon_razz.gif
  • Nate7671
    Nate7671 Posts: 47
    100% agree with this. I felt really good being able to champion a few toons. Just before this event I was starting to feel dejected with the progress. Renewed some interest for me.
  • ShanePHallam
    ShanePHallam Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Please do. It isn't overkill, will help new players transition easier to competitive levels, and all around make the game better.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    beginning of last week, I pulled my first ever 6th cover for a 4* character. it was 4* Thor yellow.

my Thorina sits at 4.5.3, and as luck would have it, she is the most well covered 4* I have. at first I thought about selling that cover. but then I thought, why don't I hold onto that yellow, and try to max level her (level 250). since all i would need is 1 blue or 1 red to max cover, i might be able to get her maxed and champed in short order if I go all in on lightning rounds and with the double ISO event. in the meantime, i've been saving my LTs and not cashing in CP, to prevent pulling another Thorina that I couldn't use.

when I pulled that yellow, she was at level 136. I looked up what it would take to max her out. what a sucky, insurmountable feeling. it was around 200,000 IIRC to get her to 250. but, i thought, there's no time like the present. and since then, I've spent every tiny iso shard on Thorina. as it stands now, with 2 days of the double ISO remaining, and LRs about to start for this week, I still need 80,000+ just to get her to 250. which is no big deal, since that's comparable to champing a 3* from level 140, which I've done quite a bit of since champing became a thing. and I've got just under 6 days on the yellow in my queue, so I'm pretty sure I can get at least to that level.

once she's at 250, I will pull LTs and spend CP. If I get another Thorina (blue or red), I will push push push some more to try and champ her. if I pull anything else, ISO will get diverted elsewhere and I will probably sell the Thorina yellow I have. because i looked up how much ISO it would take to go from 250 to 270.... it's another 80,000 ISO!!!. so i have 160,000 ISO to earn in less than a week, IF i miraculously get a usable Thorina cover.

this process has shown me just how insurmountable of a task leveling the 4*s is. after dumping this much in 4* Thor, I look at the next 4* I have with a good amount of covers, including 4.1.4 Tean Jean, 3.5.2 HB, 5.3.3 Rulk, and 4.3.4 IW. and I shake my head. what a stupid, stupid, stupid amount of ISO it is. I've gained a healthy amount of respect for the many of you who have leveled your 4s.....
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep, my excitement at championing a single 4* quickly moves to.. "great, now I have 10 more to do... at 3 weeks each... so that's around 1/2 a year to get these done.. and there will be more added to the list by that point....
    "
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    this process has shown me just how insurmountable of a task leveling the 4*s is. after dumping this much in 4* Thor, I look at the next 4* I have with a good amount of covers, including 4.1.4 Tean Jean, 3.5.2 HB, 5.3.3 Rulk, and 4.3.4 IW. and I shake my head. what a stupid, stupid, stupid amount of ISO it is. I've gained a healthy amount of respect for the many of you who have leveled your 4s.....

This is one of the biggest reasons for newer players to skip the 4* phase entirely and just go from 3* to 5* where you start at a really high level.

I'm getting closer to being able to level a bunch of my 3*s to 166 and champ them. When I am ready I'll probably have enough CP's + LT's to end up with slightly over 100 LT tokens to open. Assuming the game is reasonably kind that will be 10 5*s and 90 4*s split over 30 4*s characters (roughly 3 covers per character). What's the point of having a ton of 4* characters with 3-5 covers (I have a few covers now for some 4*s) and needing endless ISO to reach 270 at which point they'll still be useless for PvP anyway.

KGB