Civil War rewards for the second run

Options
westnyy2
westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm curious what people want for rewards for the event. I would personally like a shot at competing for a different color cover of both Cap and Tony. Any thoughts? What does the majority want so we can let the devs know before they are announced.

Comments

• Of_Insidious_Mists
    Of_Insidious_Mists Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm definitely up for a different colour cover, but right now any 5* is good so same colour I'm still happy. I'm not sure on the 4* rewards I can go with more HB covers since I have him champed, could do without falcap covers though. Having WM and WS covers would be cool too since it gives people another way to get them quick, but somehow I don't see that happening. All in all the thing I'm wishing for most is better luck on my Lt drops getting some extra 5*s.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sadly, I'll be surprised if they rotate the 5* reward colors. You never know, though. I expewt they'll alter the 4* rewards? Maybe guaranteed Winter Soldier for the Cap side.
  • mazerat
    mazerat Posts: 118
    Options
    I've been hoping we'd get a Red details post for CW2 so I can stop sitting on every imaginable Team Cap character in case they end up being essential but since we haven't gotten anything yet I'm willing to bet everything will be exactly the same as the first run.

Besides that, I'm hoping rewards stay the same. All I want is SWitch covers but my alliance went Team IM last time and then scaling boned me so my personal progression topped out at a single Falcon before I got discouraged. If SWitch is available again my plan is to merc Team Cap and hope that alliance progression is slow enough or scaling is tuned down a little so I can grab both.
  • Setsukii
    Setsukii Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    On Cap's side, either Winter Soldier or AntMan for progression.

On IM's, WarMachine or Red Hulk (Seems the most likely).

Also, the event was really poor on HP and ISO, so maybe 2xISO... 3x?? One can dream, I guess...
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Last round reward wise was no contest picking IM over Cap. Despite how good Switch is, the game is in 4* mode where 3* covers come and go now so when the devs are offering me reward choices between still one of the best 4*s in the game (HB) or one of the most mediocre (capfal) which do you think I'm gunna pick?

Anyone else would of been at least a little more enticing.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,222 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    i be very shocked if they give another 5 star in round 8
  • slidecage
    Options
    slidecage wrote:

I'd be shocked if they didn't.

why ever other running of bosses events they didnt give junk. I rememeber one boss even the rewards were 3 stars

we will know by weds but i say no 5 star
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'd just like for them to give out event tokens in the main and survival nodes like they did with Ultron.
  • Dayv
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

why ever other running of bosses events they didnt give junk. I rememeber one boss even the rewards were 3 stars

The first two runs of Ultron (which were announced as a pair of runs, like Civil War was) gave out the same level of rewards: each event rewarded three separate covers for a new 4* (Cyclops and Red Hulk). I wasn't around for the introduction of Ultron, but as I understand it the first two runs were similar in reward levels and it was only in the third run that they cheaped out a bit and decided to reward 3* Captain Marvel.

I expect we'll see very similar levels of alliance rewards to the first run. One guaranteed cover for the two new 5* (which aren't available in LTs yet and won't be until after the second CW run), one event and character-specific LT, and three 4* covers for an existing 4*.

I doubt they'll give out the same 4* covers, though. They'll probably go with other thematically relevant 4* Swap out 4* Sam Wilson for Winter Soldier or another Team Cap member if WS is too new -- Ant-Man is a decent pick. For Team Iron Man, it gets a bit harder... War Machine will have just been released and is an essential for the event. 4* Spider-Man isn't Peter Parker, but they could pick him anyway -- it's not like the Hulkbuster armor was in Civil War.

They might also abandon theme a bit and just pick whatever 4* they feel like rewarding.

So I don't expect rewards to change. What they might do, though, is tweak the scoring a bit to make it harder for a committed alliance to complete both events. They stated that it would not be possible to win both guaranteed 5*, but then at least two alliances went ahead and did it anyway. This is a double-edged sword, though: if they make it impossible for those alliances to pull it off again, they also make it harder for the alliances who barely made it through one event to do so again. They might decide that the current scoring is acceptable.

One other change I expect to see: we probably won't get a full day without scaling on the unlock nodes. Eight to ten hours, tops. ;)
  • Dayv
    Options
    The big rewards question to me: will they switch out what color of 5* covers are in the guaranteed rewards? In the past it has been very commmon to see guaranteed single covers stay the exact same (see the single covers in PvE events for The Hulk, Sentry, Ant-Man, and Amadeus Cho). Especially when they're node-specific rewards, they never change. Progression rewards tend to get varied more.
  • Starsaber
    Starsaber Posts: 206
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    I doubt they'll give out the same 4* covers, though. They'll probably go with other thematically relevant 4* Swap out 4* Sam Wilson for Winter Soldier or another Team Cap member if WS is too new -- Ant-Man is a decent pick. For Team Iron Man, it gets a bit harder... War Machine will have just been released and is an essential for the event. 4* Spider-Man isn't Peter Parker, but they could pick him anyway -- it's not like the Hulkbuster armor was in Civil War.
    Rulk would make sense for team Iron Man too since Ross was the driving force behind the Accords.
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Whilst it makes little sense thematically, I'm expecting (hoping) to see a reworked X-force Wolverine as one of the rewards.

Maybe another of the X-men on the other side, Jean Grey would be nice. icon_lol.gif
  • LegendReborn
    LegendReborn Posts: 301
    Options
    4* rewards are obviously war machine for team iron man and winter solider for team cap.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    4* rewards are obviously war machine for team iron man and winter solider for team cap.

Much as I would love to be wrong, War Machine would never happen. Winter Soldier? Seems a stretch, but I'd be extremely surprised.
  • slidecage
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

This isn't a rehash, like the 3rd run of Ultron, or the third run of Galactus.

Each of the boos fights has been run twice in its debut, the fact that they run twice has always been in the initial announcement.

The first 2 Ultron runs featured Scarlet Witch and Hulkbuster rewards. Where's the 'junk'?

The first two Galactus runs gave Rulk and 4clops. No 'junk' there, either.

Look, slide, I realze you're desperate to continue your schtick, that being ridiculous cynicism in regards to all things MPQ, but when it takes rewriting history to accomplish it, you're playing the fool.

BTW, 3rd Galactus gave out HB in triplets. Junk? The only run of a boss battle that gave underwhelming rewards was the 3rd run of Ultron, which featured Captain Marvel ... and that was the 2nd time a boss battle featured 3* rewards! Do you bother getting anything right?

The rule with boss battles has been awesome rewards. The 'junk' was a singular exception.

(Don't let me down here, devs icon_lol.gif )

and no time did they ever offer a 5 star so why people think they are getting another
  • slidecage
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    and no time did they ever offer a 5 star so why people think they are getting another

If as you say they never offered a 5* reward ... then why are you asking about getting "another"? icon_lol.gif

giphy.gif

They just offered a 5* cover.

In a boss battle.

Just over 2 weeks ago.

Did you miss it?

There were 2 runs announced, all boss battles have been run twice on their initial run. This is the first 2-sided boss battle, the point being that it will be nearly impossible to finish both sides. Giving an obvious purpose to the 2nd run, that being giving alliances at chance to tackle each side, one on each run.

in any rerun of an event they never offer a 5 star.. maybe they will maybe they wont who really cares anymore cause if they are planning what it looks like they are going to do to PVE im done with this game anyways
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2016
    Options
    For those who might have joined after Civil War ended, here's the quote from this official thread:
    https://d3go.com/forums/posting.php?mode=quote&f=7&p=514771
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Civil War Event Info

If your Alliance is able to complete all 8 rounds, you will earn a 5-Star cover of Steve Rogers (First Avenger) or Iron Man (Mark XLVI) depending on which side you chose.

Personally I hope the 4* rewards stay the same as I need just a Hulkbuster Blue so I can finally max and champion him (my alliance did Cap the first run). But there's nothing specially saying those would stay the same, so I'm at their mercy with that. But the idea for the 5* reward seemed to be that it would take the full event run time to complete one run (though several alliances proved them wrong there), so 2 runs were a fair chance for everyone to try for either reward.

I've been burnt out by a few of their recent missteps but this seemed fair to me.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    in any rerun of an event they never offer a 5 star.. maybe they will maybe they wont who really cares anymore cause if they are planning what it looks like they are going to do to PVE im done with this game anyways
    this is not a rerun. this is round 2, only they gave us a break and didn't stack them back-to-back like ultron and galactus. ultron2 and galactus 2 had exactly the same level of rewards as ultron1 and galactus1. this is not the 3rd, bastarded run like we had for marvel. I fully expect similar rewards, although some changes are certainly possible/probable, especially on the 4* cover side.

now, if I'm voting. nothing better than bucky/war machine with alt colors of steve/tony. different colors might be highly unlikely, but op did ask what we wanted - that's what I 'want'. but like as mick would say - you can't always get what you want... my motto, expect the worst, hope for the best.
  • HossDrone
    HossDrone Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Put war machine as an individual progression reward for team im and reverse the order of hulk buster colors given out for the alliance on team im.

Team cap do falcon for individual progression, winter soldier for alliance progression.