Cheating AI [Merged Thread]

2»

Comments

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    A couple of weeks ago I saw the most ridiculous cascade from the AI. The team I believe had Ragnarok and Bullseye(2*) and someone else....probably Moonstone. On the second turn, the AI got a monster cascade giving it over 20 green, black and red AP which it then used to fire off and gain 20 plus more AP in green, blue and purple. It had over high 20's in all colors except yellow and team ups when I rage quit since my team was already half dead by the time it was going to fire its powers a second time on the second turn. My first character was killed off by all the crits and then by Rags green power. Worst cascade I have ever seen.

In playing the game over 2 years now, I have never had such a game altering cascade. Don't get me wrong I have had my fair share of cascades but I never get the epic cascades like the AI does. I do know for a fact that the best cascades I have seen playing over the years have always been AI cascades and not my own.... icon_e_sad.gif
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eh, I cascaded and chained my first turn this morning and had 47 AP before the computer could do anything. I usually feel more bad for the AI than I do for myself.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry, I must have gotten all your luck. I had multiple critical cascades to wipe out the hard nodes in TaT today. I felt a little bad that the Hood didn't even get to take a turn. Very little.
    Warbringa wrote:
    I do know for a fact that the best cascades I have seen playing over the years have always been AI cascades and not my own.... icon_e_sad.gif
    My best cascades usually come when the other team is already dead.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've had plenty of turns where a match-5 led to 2 more match-5s so OML could kill multiple level 250+ enemies in 1 turn.

But you don't remember those fights as much as when the AI does it to you and your frustration goes up to 11.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    In fact they could make it less fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keWpfCrnaUg (Profanity and such if that sort of thing offends you)

If that ever catches on they'll be able to have your phone literally punch you!
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    I've had plenty of turns where a match-5 led to 2 more match-5s so OML could kill multiple level 250+ enemies in 1 turn.

But you don't remember those fights as much as when the AI does it to you and your frustration goes up to 11.

All the good triple-A games that make use of RNGs improve their playability by intentionally tilting the RNG odds subtly in the favor of the player, by just enough to defeat the blemish of negative confirmaton bias.
    Food for thought.