Double ISO great! Token upgrade would be nice.

Marine8394
Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
While more ISO is always ALWAYS! a good thing! I still scratch my head and wonder. Why standard tokens? Yes I know there are always noobies, but why not hand out at least heroic covers? Double on tokens once in a while, not the cheapest one. Something that helps Stoke up a roster, not just fertilizes a roster with small doses of ISO. When things like that get applied to the game at times I feel loved, and I may be inclined to spend again. Also could you please stop testing every other event and just PUT the new controlled scaling system in. Thank you.

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Event tokens should provide more than just mostly 2*s, which are so incredibly useless now.

In addition to a higher chance to win 3*s and 4*s, there should also be a chance to win:

HP
    CP
    500 ISO
    1000 ISO
    2000 ISO

It would be nice to be more excited about stuff, and that excitement comes from giving prizes that reflect our current meta and reflect how far we've progressed with our rosters.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    You don't want more critical boosts instead?
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    wymtime wrote:

They could at least double the critical boosts! icon_razz.gif
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    wymtime wrote:

Yeah, make it 50% per boost instead. I'd be all over that icon_lol.gif

Imagine what a whopping 250% boost can do!
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    avs962 wrote:
    wymtime wrote:

Don't they already double critical boosts? I seem to get them as a random post-battle drop and then win the critical boosts from the rewards.

Double tokens from daily rewards should be a thing. Heroics in place of standards should be the norm after at least day 365 if not sooner... Standards are garbage after the first month of play for the most part.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Smudge wrote:
    avs962 wrote:
    wymtime wrote:

Don't they already double critical boosts? I seem to get them as a random post-battle drop and then win the critical boosts from the rewards.

Double tokens from daily rewards should be a thing. Heroics in place of standards should be the norm after at least day 365 if not sooner... Standards are garbage after the first month of play for the most part.
    No you will get 6 critical boosts instead of 3! icon_twisted.gif
  • Electrovirus
    Electrovirus Posts: 64 Match Maker
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Event tokens should provide more than just mostly 2*s, which are so incredibly useless now.

In addition to a higher chance to win 3*s and 4*s, there should also be a chance to win:

HP
    CP
    500 ISO
    1000 ISO
    2000 ISO

It would be nice to be more excited about stuff, and that excitement comes from giving prizes that reflect our current meta and reflect how far we've progressed with our rosters.

They arent useless to new players
  • Electrovirus
    Electrovirus Posts: 64 Match Maker
    avs962 wrote:
    wymtime wrote:

There are some teams out there that can shred other teams with critical boosts.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:

HP
    CP
    500 ISO
    1000 ISO
    2000 ISO

maybe they need some sort of a system where the percentages are changed based on how many days you've played.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was musing on this today. In particular, the weighting on Standard tokens. As we all know, those are most heavily weighted towards 1* covers. And yet Demiurge has made repeated tweaks and adjustments to the First Time User Experience and Prologue missions to expedite any given player's journey out of the 1* tier and into the game "proper".

Based on that understanding, it seems truly bizarre to award Standard tokens outside of the Prologue & PvP match rewards.

What if all Standard tokens in Competitive PvE awarded Heroics instead? These tokens are most heavily weighted towards 2* covers, which makes them an ideal point for migrating users out of the Prologue & mostly 1* rewards and into PvE Events where they will start their progression through the 2* tier.

Of course, with Heroic tokens more readily available in mission rewards, it would stand to reason that a new type of token would be required in order to replace Heroics in the progression rewards. A token which was most heavily weighted towards 3* covers would fit that role nicely. Since standards can award 1, 2, 3, and 4* covers, and heroics can award 2, 3, and 4* covers, I would imagine that this new type of token would award 3 and 4* covers, or a slight chance at a Legendary Token (which in turn has a slight chance at a 5* cover).
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:

maybe they need some sort of a system where the percentages are changed based on how many days you've played.

Exactly! Don't worry, I'm not asking them to remove 2*s from all event tokens. Just to bring down their odds a bit. It takes a lot of effort to win an event token, and it's no fun that it seems to always give you 2*s, no matter what. I know 2*s may be useful to you now, but trust me, you'll hit a point where they no longer are. And that time will come sooner than you think!!
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    jredd wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:

Exactly! Don't worry, I'm not asking them to remove 2*s from all event tokens. Just to bring down their odds a bit. It takes a lot of effort to win an event token, and it's no fun that it seems to always give you 2*s, no matter what. I know 2*s may be useful to you now, but trust me, you'll hit a point where they no longer are. And that time will come sooner than you think!!

i totally just pulled an iceman from an iso event token, haha. i swear rngeesus reads the forums...