New Planeswalkers, cards and offers! (05/20/2016)

Options
2»

Comments

• Rootbreaker
    Rootbreaker Posts: 396
    Options
    Garruk is +8 too.
  • HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 329 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Garruk is +8 too.
    But he's mono-green. Not to mention spell-oriented. However I haven't used him that much yet, not sure how to build a deck around him.
  • VladG0015
    VladG0015 Posts: 48
    Options
    Heres whats funny about Garruk:

He is portrayed as a mono green pw back from his prime yet his story puts him at post-curse-consumed (black/green).

I'd be interesting to have b/g but i think they did make him as such is because there's already 2 black PWs and having him as such would disrupt the ballance.
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    VladG0015 wrote:
    Heres whats funny about Garruk:

He is portrayed as a mono green pw back from his prime yet his story puts him at post-curse-consumed (black/green).

I'd be interesting to have b/g but i think they did make him as such is because there's already 2 black PWs and having him as such would disrupt the ballance.

I was thinking this too! Maybe they'll change him up a bit after (though he functions good as is right now).
  • nyaa
    nyaa Posts: 19
    Options
    Garruk is +8 too.
    I know but as another poster mentioned, Garruk is also mono coloured. In paper MtG, a multi colour deck has the advantage of being versatile (as they can put a wider range of cards if they choose to) but this is balanced by heightening their risk of being colour screwed (possibly translated as having possible mana issues). Granted, MtGPQ is different from actual paper magic (and it is a valid argument) but the point is it feels like the benefits of multicolour planeswalkers are not being balanced by any real setbacks.

In their present incarnations, multi colour planeswalkers has the benefit of having access to multiple colour and this benefit is hardly counterbalanced by any real setback. Put in another way, mono colour planeswalkers has the "disadvantage" of having access to just one colour (and colourless) with no associated benefits to it (relative to multi colour planeswalkers).