[merged topics] "No events available"

Bulls
Bulls Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
edited October 2016 in MPQ Bugs and Technical Issues
I had this problem occuring from time to time in the past but since yesterday It happens at least once every hour or so automaticly crashing game after any interaction with ui - be it "back triangle" in up left corner, recruit hero, alliance or in fact anything on screen.

Moderator note: this comes up a lot, so I'm merging topics into this one. Editing subject line to show this.

Workaround: you can usually correct this by viewing your roster, the scoreboard, or the recruit token section, and then returning to the event view.

Comments

• xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Twice in the last week I've had this happen. I finish a match, get a pop-up about Facebook rewards, click it away, then get a "No Events Available" screen and the game crashes.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've had this too, on Android. It is sporadic, but has happened after PvP matches. It goes back to the screen showing "No events available" and pressing the in-game back button doesn't take me back in game, but sends me to the Android desktop. From there I must force close the app before it will start again.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    i was getting this on iPhone 5S, haven't seen it since yesterday's update, but after a battle and getting the rewards, I'd get the "No Events Available", back button didn't work, but if I clicked on any of the bottom areas, such as roster, tokens, etc, then went back, the events were there again.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    JVReal wrote:
    i was getting this on iPhone 5S, haven't seen it since yesterday's update, but after a battle and getting the rewards, I'd get the "No Events Available", back button didn't work, but if I clicked on any of the bottom areas, such as roster, tokens, etc, then went back, the events were there again.

Getting the same thing on my HTC One and the same thing "fixes" it but this is super annoying.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    I'm getting the same issue on latest iOS. Connection doesn't seem to matter - occurs on WiFi and carrier.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Same issue, same "fix". if I try to back out (arrow in upper left) it crashes, if I choose a token, roster, etc... it goes back to normal.
  • mindsuckr
    mindsuckr Posts: 154
    Still seeing this several times a day.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Same here. It's not a huge deal unless it happens when I'm trying to shield hop.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Same on the Steam build of the game. And the same fix; visiting the store, roster, etc. and then backing out again makes the event pop back up.

Seems to be a problem with the core menu navigation logic shared across all platform builds of the game.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    I don`t know if that has been mentioned yet (if so, please forgive me the double-post) but after finishing a fight the game often shows me "No events are currently available". It occurs mostly after PVP-battles (especially when I`m playing the Shield Sim).
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Happening to me usually when played the hardest node of PvE etc. Can be fixed with viewing roster etc
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since I seem to recall some patch notes recently that they were attempting to address this issue (though my memory could be wrong here icon_mrgreen.gif )...

I still run into this from time to time, mostly after playing some PVE node (but since I mostly play PVE anyway I guess that's not a good indicator). Usually at most once or twice per day, but not necessarily *every* day.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Funnily enough, it's been happening more to me after the patches where they stated they were fixing it. Sometimes it happens for multiple matches in a row.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    This happens to me most often when I complete my first match after starting the app.