Time for some new tokens?

delita007
delita007 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
From my 730+ days playing this game, and countless posts on this forum it's pretty clear no one likes that everything is wholly dependent on RNG (except the devs cause I'm guessing it drives sales???). Part of enjoying playing a video game is feeling like you're progressing, and too often mpq does not provide that feeling. I think the devs recently unknowingly stumbled upon a great compromise solution that keeps RNG and gives players some power in choosing how they progress. As of now we have 7 5* and 33 4* (including war machine). Now during the civil war event the devs showed it was possible to make character specific LTs for iron man and cap. They should expand on this and offer 7 types of LTs (one for each 5*) all for the same price (20 cp if they want to engender lots of good will, 25 cp if they must). In addition to the specific 5* at 10% each token should also contain 5 specific 4* at 18% each. Now each token will still fall to the whims of RNG, but its a much more specific RNG. Want to finally finish your nova? Open the black suit spider man tokens where he lives. RNG gave you 10 silver surfer covers and none of anyone else? Cool, open the silver surfer tokens and if you're lucky enough to see that glorious purple flash you know you're getting a cover you really need. I think this would really give players a realistic chance to finish characters that they want, while still leaving enough RNG in the game to satisfy the devs desire of making the whole game a lottery.

Street fighter would be a lot less fun if you had to play 30 matches with characters you didn't want hoping that eventually Ryu's 7% chance would hit and you'd get to use the character you wanted for once.

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    delita007 wrote:
    In addition to the specific 5* at 10% each token should also contain 5 specific 4* at 18% each.
    Buy the OML Legendary, with 18% chance for Cho, Baglady, Starlord, Craptain and Elektra!
    Only 40 CP!

No, thanks.

Offer 5*s as season rewards for t50 alliances like they should have done right from the start and be done with it.

This game needs _less_ RNG, not another layer of it.
  • delita007
    delita007 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Meh if you want oml over everything else, that's still better than your current options to get him. Sure it would be better if all RNG magically disappeared and they gave us real routes to specific characters, but it seems pretty clear based on the almost 1000 day history of the game that ain't happening. We should hope for getting some changes within the RNG, that the devs love so much, that gives the players a little more choice in deciding their path.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Before the civil war tokens I suggested the exact same thing but after spending nearly 250 cp and getting no 5* at all I'm not as convinced it's a good idea.

Someone (many moons ago) suggested having a switch system which allowed you to decrease the odds of 4 characters in order to increase the odds on 1-4 characters. That idea is better but better yet is to have much much less RNG.

Honestly I have a working oml but I keep him at 300 because I'm not that keen on joining 5* tier. All the people I know in it report facing that same OML Phoenix team constantly.

Maybe in 6 months to a year when people have the others covered more it might be better but right now I prefer the 4* tier