How to fix wave node reward structure

dmeleedy
dmeleedy Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
People aren't happy getting all of the rewards up front, and I think getting 1 reward for a 3 to 5 wave node doesn't feel very rewarding either.

My proposal is that you treat each wave in the node like it's own node

2 waves - 14 rewards user granted 1 reward for each wave cleared (2 max)
3 waves - 21 rewards (3 max)
4 waves - 28 rewards (4 max)
5 waves - 35 rewards (5 max)

This would make waves act just like node clears which seems to be along the lines of what people would probably like.
What do people think?

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    As someone who runs nodes for the rewards only and doesn't PVE for placement (perhaps progressions would change my mind!) I -love- wave nodes precisely because they give me all rewards in one shot. I wish all nodes did that!

Forcing folks to run very long (wave) nodes over and over would be a bummer.
  • dmeleedy
    dmeleedy Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    But in all the new "test" PVE runs, wave nodes only give out 1 reward per completion, and as a player who does play for scoring, I am looking for a way to make doing the wave nodes over and over less tedious.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would like to have extra rewards for the wave nodes as well. If I have to do it 7 times, I should get 7 sets of rewards. And they should all be as good as the first set of rewards! Waves can take 5 - 10 minutes to complete! I shouldn't just win points!