ISO discounts for achievements?

Quebbster
Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
Just a wild thought here...
I saw someone mention that the devs do not want to increase the ISO flow since that would trivialize the early game. At later stages in the game the ISO needs increase dramatically though, and many feel the awarded ISO is not enough.
I'm thinking it would be possible to kill two birds with one stone by introducing an achievement system - each achievement would give you a small ISO discount for leveling all your characters. Achievements should be related to building your roster - reaching level max for a new star-level character could be an achievement, as could reaching level max for say 10 characters on a certain star level, reaching max champion level and so on. I have not crunched the numbers exactly, but I'm thinking maybe 20 achievements in total, each Worth a 1% discount in ISO costs for leveling?
This would reward players for building a wide roster instead of just focusing on the best character in each tier, and it would make it easier to progress in later stages of the game while still maintaining an appropriate pace in the early stages. I Think the idea has potential. Thank you for your attention.

Comments

• Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster wrote:
    Just a wild thought here...
    I saw someone mention that the devs do not want to increase the ISO flow since that would trivialize the early game. At later stages in the game the ISO needs increase dramatically though, and many feel the awarded ISO is not enough.
    I'm thinking it would be possible to kill two birds with one stone by introducing an achievement system - each achievement would give you a small ISO discount for leveling all your characters. Achievements should be related to building your roster - reaching level max for a new star-level character could be an achievement, as could reaching level max for say 10 characters on a certain star level, reaching max champion level and so on. I have not crunched the numbers exactly, but I'm thinking maybe 20 achievements in total, each Worth a 1% discount in ISO costs for leveling?
    This would reward players for building a wide roster instead of just focusing on the best character in each tier, and it would make it easier to progress in later stages of the game while still maintaining an appropriate pace in the early stages. I Think the idea has potential. Thank you for your attention.

It's a great idea to put in game achievements (trophies for those sony folk). You could have them tiered so they only affect that tier of play as well.

Win 50 battles using only 1* characters = 1% ISO discount on leveling 1* characters

Champion 3 2* characters = 1% ISO discount on leveling 2* characters

So on and so on.

The champion system added a level on longevity to the game but that isn't to say they couldn't add another radical system to increase player engagement.

Casual players will earn a few without trying and the hardcore will have something to aim for.

Beat a PVP team using OML without using a 5* = 1% ISO discount on leveling 5* characters icon_lol.gif

They could also do other things than just ISO and expand on this idea.

Field a full team of 4* Fantastic Four members and win in PVP = 5000 ISO
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    given enough discount, I might revisit some 3s that are at 140. at 20% discount, 60K becomes 48K and starts to become tempting for blade, doom, grocket, patch, marvel, deadpool (for me).