Phoenix bugs

Ding
Ding Posts: 179
The purple bug (her overwriting red tiles has been reported) but I don't see much about her red bug, namely that she's now producing black attack tiles when her team has trap tiles and countdown tiles.

Any particular reason these bugs are showing up about half a year after she was released?

She's already not nearly as OP as oml, would be pretty stupid if this is an intentional nerf considering oml hasn't been touched.

Comments

• DC1972
    DC1972 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    I was wondering why Psychic Flames was creating enemy attack tiles when I only had 4 friendly strike tiles instead of 5+? I saw this happen a couple of times and then I was careful to count that there were only 4 strike tiles. This has been happening during Iron Fist and Luke Cage PVP so it makes sense that it is because the IF attack tile and LC shield tile are being counted. Looks like a bug creeped in where every special tile is being counted. Those enemy attack tiles end up doing major damage to your own team especially if AI has OML and fires black.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    DC1972 wrote:
    I was wondering why Psychic Flames was creating enemy attack tiles when I only had 4 friendly strike tiles instead of 5+? I saw this happen a couple of times and then I was careful to count that there were only 4 strike tiles. This has been happening during Iron Fist and Luke Cage PVP so it makes sense that it is because the IF attack tile and LC shield tile are being counted. Looks like a bug creeped in where every special tile is being counted. Those enemy attack tiles end up doing major damage to your own team especially if AI has OML and fires black.
    The description has always referred to the number of friendly special tiles, not just strike tiles. However, the exact definition of special tiles is unclear. I'm relatively sure that only applied to stirke, attack, and protect tiles before, not to countdowns or traps. Fairly certain, but not 100% sure. No clue whether invisibility tiles should or did count in the past.
  • DC1972
    DC1972 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    DayvBang wrote:
    DC1972 wrote:
    The description has always referred to the number of friendly special tiles, not just strike tiles. However, the exact definition of special tiles is unclear. I'm relatively sure that only applied to stirke, attack, and protect tiles before, not to countdowns or traps. Fairly certain, but not 100% sure. No clue whether invisibility tiles should or did count in the past.

Oh I see now. I did misread the description. Have only recently begun using her with OML so only seeing strike tiles before. Guess IF and LC add in the other special tiles so I'll have to be more careful even after any fixes are implemented to count those.
  • Ding
    Yes, in the past special tiles has always only included strike, attack, and protect tiles. This got changed when the other glitch occurred (purple power causing red tiles to "turn" red). She is becoming borderline unusable with the current definition of special tiles and should be reverted to the past definition of special tiles, so that at least one character can keep OML in check a little bit.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Special tiles" has always included countdown tiles as far back as I can recall - it's what makes Beast's Mutagenic Breakthrough -> Animal Inside combo work without having to wait for the countdown to go off.

Counting traps would be new, though.
  • Ding
    "Special tiles" has always included countdown tiles as far back as I can recall - it's what makes Beast's Mutagenic Breakthrough -> Animal Inside combo work without having to wait for the countdown to go off.

About Beast that is true, but for her it did not include countdown tiles.
  • Dayv
    Ding wrote:

Inconsistent definitions of special tiles are one of the fabulous quirks of this game. See also "does draining AP steal it or destroy it? Yes!" And "does destroying tiles do additional damage for those tiles? Sometimes!"
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Who destroys tiles without dealing damage where it doesn't also say "Destroyed tiles do not generate AP or deal damage"?
  • Ding
    DayvBang wrote:
    Ding wrote:

Inconsistent definitions of special tiles are one of the fabulous quirks of this game. See also "does draining AP steal it or destroy it? Yes!" And "does destroying tiles do additional damage for those tiles? Sometimes!"

So any particular reason for the nerf, or was that an accident since it wasn't behaving that way before the purple glitch.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    61231247.jpg
  • Dayv
    Who destroys tiles without dealing damage where it doesn't also say "Destroyed tiles do not generate AP or deal damage"?
    They might have fixed all of those, I may just be being a crotchety old man here.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cyclops blue, I believe. TAHulk green, possibly
  • ViralCore
    ViralCore Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
    This is still busted. The description says it changes basic tiles, it's changing team up tiles now too.

The effect stack is now also broken. OML passive now fires after match damage instead of right after Phoenix fires her purple and before tiles are changed.
  • Dayv
    ViralCore wrote:
    This is still busted. The description says it changes basic tiles, it's changing team up tiles now too.
    Team-Up tiles also appear to be counted as basic tiles in some other skill functions. They can be turned into traps by Nick Fury's Demolition, for example. Now, while this one doesn't specify "basic" as such, it definitely can't affect any kind of special tile. Some skills go so far as to specify any tile that has a color, in which case Team-Up tiles are definitely not included.

This game could really stand to have a glossary of terms at this point.
  • Leeroid86
    Leeroid86 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    I noticed her purple power that creates random basic red tiles is also overwritting tiles that are already red. I'm not sure if that's meant to happen but I've not noticed it until a few days ago
  • Dayv
    Leeroid86 wrote:
    I noticed her purple power that creates random basic red tiles is also overwritting tiles that are already red. I'm not sure if that's meant to happen but I've not noticed it until a few days ago
    That one should be fixed now.