Is there a PVE point scaling ?

shadow310574
shadow310574 Posts: 78
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
HI

My question is,is there a point scalling in PVE events ?
Means, did player with higher rosters (level) get more points from the nodes ?

For the last 6 month I was in the Top 10 of each PVE event and a few times in Top 5.
I grind the nodes down to under 100 but normally not down to 0.
I try diffrent strategys

But there are allways players who got between 3000-7000 points more than me and thats looks like impossible to me, if they have 500-800 points more, i like to say OK, they use a better strategy, but 7000 points more ..... ?!?!?!?

In the Rocket & Groot event sub 2, I do 2000 extra points by clearing a node for 20 points each time
Player #1 was at rank 7 all the time and in the last 6 hours he went up from rank 7 to 1 and has 7000 points more icon_idea.gificon_idea.gificon_idea.gif
Is that possible ?
He got 4*championgs, also Player #2, did they get more points from the nodes icon_question.gif

Mod Edit: dead link removed

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a test event, so alot of things have been tweaked. This has broken alot of traditional strategies, but it will all get sorted once they finalize the changes.

Honestly, its not even worth it to try and speculate about the reasons that are causing the point differences, because the final version of pve is going to be significantly different than the Rocket groot version.

Specifically, I'm pretty confident that the 20pt end values are gonna get changed in either the next interation or final version of pve. This should eliminate the ability of people to grind the trivial nodes ad naseum for 20pts a go.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Everyone has the same point value on their nodes, irrespective of their rosters. People with 5* rosters don't get higher value nodes, for instance.

The problem is that you're leaving more points on the table in the grind down than you realise.

I wrote this guide to PvE some time ago. I haven't updated it in accordance with the new PvE testing yet, since we don't know what form it's going to take long term, but it's still applicable to the standard PvE. There are some examples in there of how people are getting more points than you.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=37373
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Phumade wrote:
    This is a test event, so alot of things have been tweaked. This has broken alot of traditional strategies, but it will all get sorted once they finalize the changes.

Honestly, its not even worth it to try and speculate about the reasons that are causing the point differences, because the final version of pve is going to be significantly different than the Rocket groot version.

Specifically, I'm pretty confident that the 20pt end values are gonna get changed in either the next interation or final version of pve. This should eliminate the ability of people to grind the trivial nodes ad naseum for 20pts a go.

I hope devs get rid of 20 points for the trivial node...this way people with no life get grinding the same node over and over and over.....hundreds times to get more points.....it's absurd and crazy icon_cry.gif