+1 Blue / Purple AP drops?

TLCstormz
TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I have always always always noticed this, but now I'm officially annoyed rough to speak up about it.

Why do these specific boosts drop at such a smaller percentage / rate than any other?

During Civil War, I went from 30 of every single type of boost down to zero. And as of right now, every single one of my other boots are ALL back up to 30, EXCEPT for the purple and blue.

Have we ever gotten word from anyone, why this is?

And no, there is absolutely NO WAY this is "lulz confurrmation byased", because all of my boosts always stay around 25 and up, except for blue / purple, which always takes MONTHS to fully replenish. And no, I'm also not using them any more frequently than any others, thus depleting the stockpile, since the only boost i use ever use are the silly criticals, unless it's a special event.

Comments

• The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    I have noticed this as well that these seem to drop WAY less often than the other types.

<Puts on tinfoil hat>
    The Blue/Purple + AP Boost has by far the lowest % drop because either Blue or Purple are used in almost every exploitable team strategy.
    Deadpool WWW, Charlie's Angles, Iron Fist/OML, etc. just off the top of my head.
  • TLCstormz
    lol. Yes, CLEARLY, that's the best and most used one, but....haven't we ever had anyone comment on this?
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    so that's why I'm constantly buying them! sneaky...
  • Born2DieNPvP
    Born2DieNPvP Posts: 163
    I've had this discussion with a lot of people. It's been this way forever and I think it initially was instituted because OBW. In the old days you could completely shut down everyone with OBW by loading up on boosts. You could boost +3 then as well.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Instead of giving us so many bluecrit.png s in PVE, they should put in other boosts in PVE as well. We would love that.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Instead of giving us so many bluecrit.png s in PVE, they should put in other boosts in PVE as well. We would love that.

Actually, since they apparently view whitecrit.png boosts as so valuable, they should let us sell them for CP icon_lol.gif
  • TLCstormz
    Now that the second run is upon us, I thought I'd update this :

I still have 30 in EVERY single type of boost power damage, crit multiplier, Rainbow, +APs, etc etc etc.

Except for +1 Blue / Purple AP.

I only received 8 of those.

In the span of however many weeks it's been, since the first run of Civil War ended.

While simultaneously getting at least 6 - 9 of the other boosts, every single day, from playing various matches and also from Facebook friends.

.......but.....yes.....sure.....it's CERTAINLY just "you have bad luck" and stuff...........right? lmfao
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Thanks for making this thread. Since I read op I have noticed I started getting way more b/p than I used to. Almost as much as the other types.

Since I use r/y as much as b/p I had noticed the discrepancy too. Let's see how long it lasts!

For the record, I've noticed an increased drop for b/p in lightning rounds.
  • TLCstormz
    Update, after War Round 2, I used up all boosts, again.

I am now, AGAIN, up to 30 in every single slot....EXCEPT for +B / P, sitting at only 14.