Using scaling to set rewards

Pylgrim
Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
It just hit me that scaling exists to identify the station of a player's roster to ensure that they are getting an adequate challenge. If there's such a system in place why not use it to ensure that they are getting adequate rewards? One way to do this is to add a multiplier to the node ISO-8 rewards (70, 100, 140, 250). For example, if your roster is giving you opponents up to level 100 or so, you get those rewards normally. If above 100 but under 200 or so, you get 2x those rewards. 200-300, you get 3x, 300-400 gets you 4x, and 400+ gets you 5x. Pretty sure that if you are fielding characters that warrant 400+ enemies, 1250 iso is not an exaggerated reward. This could be applied to other iso rewards such as daily and placement ones.

Whatcha think?

Comments

• Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    logic in my MPQ?

it's more likely than you think!
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Careful, you're talking sense.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    I like your idea along with many others, but...

This game relies on frustration and jealousy to fuel sales. Doing things that make sense and satisfy us is not high on their to do list. I imagine they'll up the rewards eventually, but it will come 6 months after we've grown tired of suggesting it. Also, upping iso would make the current store offerings even less attractive!

What I wouldn't give for something fun to buy in the store.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love the responses in this thread. icon_lol.gif
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have suggested this as well! Higher risk should mean higher rewards!

In a regular rpg, when you fight the lv 300 opponents, they don't normally give out the same prizes that the lv 3 opponents give.