ISO in Store

louisng114
louisng114 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
There has been a couple of times I wanted to buy iso to max a character before a batch of covers run out. I have been playing this game for more than two years, and I really like this game. I wanted to support the dev and pay for iso. However, in the end, I decided against it.

Back in the days, it was easy to get by with 2* characters and 3*'s are quite rare. Nowadays, maxing 3*'s for the champion rank is crucial, not to mention leveling up 5*'s, since they come at level 255 instead of 270. Currently, $100 is 78,000 iso. Putting it in perspective, champing a 2* takes 77030 iso and champing a 3* takes 127419 iso. I propose the five tiers of iso in store somewhat match with the iso to max the characters of the five rarities. The price would have to be tweaked of course. For example:

dollar -> iso
6 -> 30000 (5000 iso per dollar)
14 -> 72000 (~5143 iso per dollar)
24 -> 125000 (~5208 iso per dollar)
70 -> 375000 (~5357 iso per dollar)
100 -> 600000 (6000 iso per dollar)

This model used some concepts in economics, the most obvious being the incentive of buying in bulk, while having the option of buying in smaller quantity. Also, notice the jump in value from the $70 option to $100 option. This is intended to increase the appeal of the $100 option.

Comments

• firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I still wouldn't put in a dime.

Don't get me wrong, your values would be an improvement. But, this is the hole they've dug for themselves. Their rates are so incredibly stingy that you can have magnanimous improvements, yet the end result still seems a bit like you're being talked over the coals.

Let's put this in terms of actual in game utility: The cost of leveling a 4* characters from 70 to max. This is the metric. The cost is 365,896 ISO.

At the $100 to 78,000 ISO, that means the real world dollars to max a 4* is over $400. That is completely **** insane!

Now, the cost of $70 compared to $400, in a vacuume, sounds like a hell of a deal. We don't live in a vacuum. Is leveling a single character worth more than a brand new AAA game? Level Drax or buy Doom... which do I pick?
    doom2.jpg
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd like to be able to level my 4* characters faster. But I'm not going to spend money to do it, because in the end, they're not very useful, other than for championing prizes. Which are nice but not worth spending money to get.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    at this point I might consider it at those prices. the $100 amount would allow me to max my last 2 I wanted to max and start pulling my nearly 100 LT pulls I have hoarded. its just so slow to set up. current roi is a joke. on both sides now since hp is only good for slots and shields.