Tournament Opponent Selection

Options
Just a couple of suggestions, sorry if they have already been mentioned.

When waiting for my team to heal, I like to "queue up" the next teams I'd like to battle on each of the 5 pods. I usually get attacked by several teams after I've set my five opponents, which then displaces the teams I had lined up with the retaliation option. I can fight or skip, but the result is I've lost the team I wanted to battle.

Additionally, it's annoying to have to double tap each pod, skip, double tap, skip, etc.

Suggestions: maybe change the interface to get rid of "pods." Maybe just a single button that launches a two tabbed window. In tab one, I can simply swipe through teams, rather than double tap, skip, etc. when I find one I want to battle, I can either fight or "queue." I can queue up to 5 teams. Any retaliations go in a second tab for a rainy day.

I also like the idea of being able to see the level stats of each opponents skills (are they 5 in a deadly skill or just 1) in the selection window.

Comments

• Retaliations should also use the current rating of whoever attacked you rather than the rating they were at, at the time your battle ended with them. This fact alone is probably why it's so hard to maintain high rating.
  • Ranzera wrote:
    Retaliations should also use the current rating of whoever attacked you rather than the rating they were at, at the time your battle ended with them. This fact alone is probably why it's so hard to maintain high rating.

No.
    Why should my opponent gain from mine hard work?
    Why should I lose points, because others attacked my retaliation target? e.g. someone makes a push, attacks me at 800 pts, reaches whatever their goal is, goes to sleep and is kicked down to 500
  • Shikao wrote:
    Why should I lose points, because others attacked my retaliation target?

That makes no sense.

It's very simple -- if you attack someone they can retaliate. They always play against the same team that you attacked them with. You used a team with no defense? That's your fault.

In a straight up match the other player sees whatever team you last used. Which could be your "attack" team (if you're in the middle of playing) or could be your "defense" team if you played one last match with more defensive characters.