Does MPQ understand we can do math?

Frigs
Frigs Posts: 35
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Ok, so I've only been playing for about 3 months now and somehow I completely missed this until now. Now understanding that spending Hero Points to recruit characters is essentially screwing yourself out of the roster slots needed to keep the characters you might obtain with this method, perhaps you get to a point where you have all the roster spots a kid could dream of and your hero points are just racking up to the tune of having an extra 9800 HP to get 40 draws in a vault featuring 80 covers. Alright I'm cool with that. BUT.... I am not cool with the simple math required that shows that you are being charged MORE for purchasing a package of draws compared to multiple individual draws. Now at first I thought the extra fee was attributed to the bonus draw rate for certain covers, but that simply is not the case.

Take for instance, as I write this MPQ has the "Gauntlet" vault available featuring 80 covers, if you want to purchase a draw with hp it will cost you 100 hp. Here is where things get interesting, if you want to purchase 10 draws it will cost you 2,800 hp. WHAT?! That is seriously almost 3 times as much HP if you just purchased 10 draws individually for a mere 1000 hp. Want to purchase 40 draws? Well thats going to cost you 9,800 hp when 40 individual purchases would cost 4,000 hp. Now as I brought up earlier, it might be explainable if it was for a bonus draw rate (still not worth it in my eyes) but we are talking about the vaults here that have a set number of covers available within them.

For the price of a 40 draw vault purchase you could instead choose to individually empty the vault, reset it for 400 hp and then grab a good chunk of covers afterwards. Its this along with the fact that every day for the last 3 months Ive been playing it has been their "daily deal" leaves me with just one thing left to say.... cream get the money, dollar dollar bill yall!

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did you notice that 100 HP draw is a daily deal, and that individual draws after that are 400 HP?

So really it's 3700 HP for 10 individual draws versus 2800 for the daily deal 10-pack.

Who's struggling with math, again? icon_e_wink.gif
  • Frigs
    Frigs Posts: 35
    DFiPL wrote:
    Did you notice that 100 HP draw is a daily deal, and that individual draws after that are 400 HP?

So really it's 3700 HP for 10 individual draws versus 2800 for the daily deal 10-pack.

Who's struggling with math, again? icon_e_wink.gif

well... thank you kindly for informing me properly while at the same time being sassy on a level i'm sure your parents are very proud of
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    The recruitment store is the biggest noob trap in the game and always has been, eventually we all find out through experience or someone else telling you, usually though it's too late and the trap was already sprung.

Exactly as you have noticed, once you ask yourself "what good is this shiny new character if I don't even have room for it?" the trap has been disarmed and future HP is funneled into roster slots.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Frigs wrote:
    Ok, so I've only been playing for about 3 months now and somehow I completely missed this until now. Now understanding that spending Hero Points to recruit characters is essentially screwing yourself out of the roster slots needed to keep the characters you might obtain with this method, perhaps you get to a point where you have all the roster spots a kid could dream of and your hero points are just racking up to the tune of having an extra 9800 HP to get 40 draws in a vault featuring 80 covers. Alright I'm cool with that. BUT.... I am not cool with the simple math required that shows that you are being charged MORE for purchasing a package of draws compared to multiple individual draws. Now at first I thought the extra fee was attributed to the bonus draw rate for certain covers, but that simply is not the case.

Take for instance, as I write this MPQ has the "Gauntlet" vault available featuring 80 covers, if you want to purchase a draw with hp it will cost you 100 hp. Here is where things get interesting, if you want to purchase 10 draws it will cost you 2,800 hp. WHAT?! That is seriously almost 3 times as much HP if you just purchased 10 draws individually for a mere 1000 hp. Want to purchase 40 draws? Well thats going to cost you 9,800 hp when 40 individual purchases would cost 4,000 hp. Now as I brought up earlier, it might be explainable if it was for a bonus draw rate (still not worth it in my eyes) but we are talking about the vaults here that have a set number of covers available within them.

For the price of a 40 draw vault purchase you could instead choose to individually empty the vault, reset it for 400 hp and then grab a good chunk of covers afterwards. Its this along with the fact that every day for the last 3 months Ive been playing it has been their "daily deal" leaves me with just one thing left to say.... cream get the money, dollar dollar bill yall!

I'll keep this in mind the next time I play a 40 day event where I can get my daily dose of discount. icon_razz.gif
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    80-item vaults are the very best place to buy a 40 pack, especially if you can use both 4*s. Other than that and if you have a decent overflow of HP, it is indeed a better proposal to buy a 100 HP daily deal Heroic token every day than buying a 40x. With the same amount of HP you'd have spent, you'd get 112 tokens.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the entire FTP model is based on the understanding that most (Americans) can't do math and most (people) have only a vague understanding of statistics/probability.
  • grunzadin
    grunzadin Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Frigs wrote:
    well... thank you kindly for informing me properly while at the same time being sassy on a level i'm sure your parents are very proud of

Given the tone of your original post, I'm not sure what you expected. Make a sassy post, get a sassy response.
  • Thevipper
    Thevipper Posts: 90
    100 hp vs 2800 hp vs 9800 is nothing if its a good vault you like. if you dont like the price then wait till after the season ends and just pick up a heoric 10 pack for 2500 or 40 pack 10000 hp + a legendary token. you have it at that price for 6 days all day regardless how many times you buy.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    The pricing of random tokens in MPQ is done because people buy them at that price. This is proof that having money has no bearing on your intelligence or capability as a human being.