New Test of PVE change in Rocket & Groot

Options
nate461
nate461 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
In the Forum, you indicate that the intent is to make the Game Play better & more enjoyable. From the 3 PVE tests so far, that is hard to believe. You have to grind on the nodes to be able to get enough points to place in the top 100. The major problem with the current game play and is further problematic in the tests is Scaling! While the tests have increased the level of opponents when the player wins, to reduce scaling problems, the opponents levels should decrease if the Player looses. icon_e_sad.gif

Comments

• Suddenreal
    Suddenreal Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    Problem is, people can (what am I saying, WILL) abuse that.

Old Man Logan, Phoenix and Green Goblin, why don't you meet Spider-Man, Storm and Iron Man? I know you guys are all 350, but my guys are fully covered and max level... granted, only level fifty, but max level all the same... huh, they lost... Who saw that coming. Oh well, still have some two stars to throw at them before they're low enough in level to have my a-team steamroll them.

I mean, that's what I'd do.
  • nate461
    Options
    The system could easily avoid any abuse by never letting the opponents go below their starting value. After one day of playing the new test it is as horrible as the previous tests. When your top players can't win 4 times and get get any of the better rewards, something is wrong and these bad idea for changing PVE will ruin this game. The useless rewards should be eliminated and scaling has to be fixed. If you are going to jack up opponents to the point where they can't be beat, then you should reduce them back if the players top characters can't win after the first two battles. Also if the devs are going to continually increase the difficulty the rewards should be increased.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've had no trouble playing to 7/7 so far. I'm in a kind bracket for once, so that got me top 10 in the first sub. We'll see if anyone decides to go nuts grinding 20 point nodes for two days in the second sub.

The 25 cp progression was set very, very low. I'll probably hit that on my second pass of sub 2 tomorrow, or if not then when I go to 7/7 tomorrow night.
  • louisng114
    louisng114 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I actually quite like the changes to PvE. Not needing to space precisely 8 hours between runs is better.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    louisng114 wrote:
    I actually quite like the changes to PvE. Not needing to space precisely 8 hours between runs is better.
    yeah, instead of spreading 3-4 hrs of play over 3 times, you must do it all at once now. sorry, but that's not 'better'.
  • nate461
    Options
    This new test that they have made permanent is as bad as all of the other tests they have run. Here we are back at Rocket & Groot with their "New Mission Difficulty" system. All the developers have done is prove they can kill what was an entertaining Game to play, and that they can jack up the computer opponents to levels that can't be beat. Under the old system I placed 12th in one of the previous PVEs and could easily be below 100 usually. Now their is no chance of that or of earning some of the better awards. The good news is that I was playing too often and with their new game system I will reduce my playing. I have played this game, because my Grandson likes Marvel and the game, and if he loses interest with this mess the developers have created, than we may not play at all. Several other people I know have quit after playing for a year or more.
    Nate461 icon_evil.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Suddenreal wrote:
    Problem is, people can (what am I saying, WILL) abuse that.
    I'm not sure there's much incentive to abuse it. If you can already beat a level as-is, why bother tanking to make it easier?
  • eMaRDi
    eMaRDi Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I must say, I do not really like the change.
    Since I entered the standard bracket, I have a "humble" target: get into to Top 400. There was a time I had no real issues with Top 300 either.
    It ~seems~ the difficulty level is a bit lower than earlier (I had no real issues fighting the last node of "Luck be a Lady" with a powered 191 2* Storm, 2* Magneto and 3* IM).

And i think, that's the main issue: it seems to be a bit to easy for the broad range of players: I "grinded" beginning from the last node to the second last with about - say 6 fights (?) and just were able to get into the Top 500. Today I am in Top 700 with the last two "hard" nodes done, the 4th and one essential (granted, I could do two essentials).

Until the last change I were essentially able to see some progress when clearing nodes.
    To be honest this event isn't fun anymore (I began PvE with the last Rocket & Groot in "Noob Bracket" and was Top 10).

Granted: The personal Event Rewards which you earn along seem to keep the pace (I've got the second cover -Magneto- around the same time I usually get it, even a little bit earlier). The only thing I see is that you might see a very huge portion of players around the same score...