Symbiotes too difficult

snckrlvr1
snckrlvr1 Posts: 4
The Symbiotes on the 2nd Gauntlet and the alien symbiotes in general are way too difficult! I don't even know why u have enemy characters that powerful in the game to begin with! They're impossible to get past cuz they throw up fists, swords and protect shields every turn! It's ridiculous! Please fix this asap!

Joe Sanders

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Critical Mass is my primary complaint with symbiotes. Anything else, even Guard Dog, I can live with, but with how easily they throw up their special generating counters (ew. Just imagined the symbiotes barfing out special tiles.), those carriers end up having WAY too easy a time increasing the strength of said tiles. Might I propose replacing that passive with an ability? Places (3?)-turn count-down tile that strengthens tiles when it's finished. At least that would offer SOME kind of chance to keep the situation from going completely insane.
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    I find symbiotes to be the worst enemies in the game. Unless gems shake out early in your favor, your screwed with no real chance to climb out of it. They should be toned down.
  • Lilith
    Lilith Posts: 65 Match Maker
    While I do agree that the Symbiotes can get unreasonably dangerous if left unchecked (whether by insanity [read:choice] or by bad board shape)... my money on the worst NPC in the game is still the Ultron Sentries.

Symbiotes - Exponentially growing and strengthening attack/strike/defense tiles, AP generation/feeding

Ultron Sentries - Board Shake, Free attack/strike/defense tiles, Spontaneous burst heal/critical tile generation ( icon_exclaim.gif ), AP generation/feeding, Ability to Move the Board!

Yup. Symbiotes suck to deal with. Ultron Sentries are an order of magnitude more difficult. I would gladly face Symbiotes in a node over Ultron Sentries any day of the week.

Symbiotes make Moonstone Fun
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, Sentries are pretty bad. It's not the special tiles though. Those are pretty easy to ignore for their actual effectiveness. It's the other passive. Not enough tiles? Destroy half a column, get some cascades (those guys are first target). Too many tiles? Create criticals for more cascades! I'd lose my head with a Fighter, a Gunner, and Symbiote Carrier. I'd have to put in characters at least 50 levels higher and still run the risk of losing probably.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 wrote:
    Yeah, Sentries are pretty bad. It's not the special tiles though. Those are pretty easy to ignore for their actual effectiveness. It's the other passive. Not enough tiles? Destroy half a column, get some cascades (those guys are first target). Too many tiles? Create criticals for more cascades! I'd lose my head with a Fighter, a Gunner, and Symbiote Carrier. I'd have to put in characters at least 50 levels higher and still run the risk of losing probably.
    I always go for the Crit tile makers first (blue)... those hurt bad when they go off. At least the guys that blow up the tiles (green) stop doing that when they get so many special tiles out there... I do those guys 2nd, and the healers (yellow) I save for last and use my specials for so they don't heal up.

I hate Symbiotes more. Ultron guys are annoying, and i hate that they gather AP for the next wave, but Symbiotes are just vicious.
  • Frank Castle 73
    Frank Castle 73 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Try dealing with waves in the Big Enchilada where the 1st wave is symbiotes. 2nd and 3rd wave are Ultron drones and the final wave are high level heroes. No chance in making it through the 4 waves.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Try dealing with waves in the Big Enchilada where the 1st wave is symbiotes. 2nd and 3rd wave are Ultron drones and the final wave are high level heroes. No chance in making it through the 4 waves.
    Yup, those waves suck. The symbiotes load the board, then when the Ultron goons come out, BAM! instant Crit tiles nail your first guy. And none of them use AP, so the last wave unleashes all their abilities on your team if they get a turn... because they will get a turn if you aren't using Winfinite due to the fact that you had to use your specials to get there.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    The symbiotes are pretty annoying to deal with but just take the time to read all of their abilities and what they actually do. Once you understand how they work, they're not that difficult to deal with (Priority order for me: Mutation/ Horror / Carrier / Demolisher)

Ultron sentries are much much more annoying, especially fighters who get free board-shake every sinle turn unless there's 8 special on the board and then a Gunner lays down crits on you... They are the worst.