simple solution to iso shortage

smkspy
smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
People want better rewards, but I think a simpler solution to the iso shortage would be to simply run the gauntlet as a continuous event like the simulator in pvp. Have it one per week or lasting two weeks.

We could farm decent iso rewards and not everyone can beat the gauntlet. I know I'm stuck on node 1 of the third sub. People can still play the regular pve, but for transitioning players ( 3 star championing, decent amount of usable 4 stars) it would benefit everyone.

Just a thought.

Comments

• veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Yes, this game need some almost-permanent PvE events... longer than common events - 1 month at least.
  • smkspy
    And the good thing about the gauntlet is it scales to your level so it would still be a challenge for being with top tier rosters.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Simpler solution, double all ISO rewards, permanently.

But your plan would be fine too. That's the puzzle, right? Ultimately, there is no shortage of perfectly acceptable solutions to the ISO shortage problem. They're listed every day. Some would be incredibly easy to implement. And this has been a known complaint for a long, long time. That's why, I wouldn't hold my breath. I've lost all confidence that this is a problem they actually want to solve in any permanent fashion.

Call me cynical, but I believe they want people poor. That is the plan. They want things so bad that some poor shmuck will think dropping $100 for an amount of ISO that won't even level a single character is a good deal. They can prove me wrong. But in a year of people complaining about ISO, they've yet to do so.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    i think it would be easiest to address in the champion rewards system. double iso for all champed 2* cover sales and increase iso as the 3* and 4*s go up because for those with 3*s above 180 and 190 - those are the guys who really feel the iso crunch the hardest. then you don't flood the lower progression with excess iso and you can target the increase where you want it (where it really needs to be). but like fire said, there are a dozen+ different ways it could be handled. we'd just like SOMETHING tried.
  • smkspy
    Absolutely it's a pipe dream cause it is so simple and easy for them to do. And yeah, they want us iso poor.

Though I disagree about the people in 180-190 range feeling the iso cringe the most. I have 10 3 star champs. My 2s have all but reached 144, but the rest of my 3 stars are in the 120s and funny enough I'm getting lots of covers for them. Also, I have several 4 stars that I could level to around 190.

I basically have to pick a 3 star and solely focus on that one to champ while selling off the numerous covers to others that I'm receiving. Right now it's doom whom I have at 151 with 2 covers waiting and 6 days before they expire. I also have blacl panther though with 2 covers waiting at 144. 2 covers for beast at 122 and two covers for bullseye at 127.

This isn't even to count the four psylicke that I pulled and sold off because I didn't think I could champ her at the time.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    The easiest solution I can think of is to increase ISO rewards based on your resupply anniversary date:

Day 1-365: ISO rewards as they are now
    Day 366-720: ISO rewards all doubled
    Day 721-1095: ISO rewards all tripled

and so on.

This way new players aren't flooded with ISO (which is cited as a concern by the dev's) but vets with developed rosters will get the ISO they need as they get further in to 4* and 5* land.

KGB
  • smkspy
    I'm only on day 315 and starving for iso. I have a well developed roster with all 40 3 stars i think punisher and hood still need a civer or two while my 90% rostered 4 stars range from 9-1 covers. I just do not have the iso to level them. I can't compete in pvp cause of my two 5 stars and things like the simulator doesn't produce seed nodes anymore it's straight to the hardest battles.

Don't have time to constantly hit every node of a pve event 7 times and that too become impossible for the higher nodes.

Every 3 star cover of an unchamped character is kills me to sell. It's sad when my best possible option is to sell my two 255 5 stars and just not open rewards. Speaks volumes of how screwed up progress in this game is handled.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    The Daily Resupply Rewards are a little out of whack for where players should be in the system.

ISO Rewards should have a base value with a multiplier that increases by 0.5 with every 6 months you play. (Multiplier starts at '1'). Or increase it by 1.0 with every 1 year in the game. Make anniversary something to really look forward to.

Maybe I'm the only person who feels this way, but let's also talk about the standard tokens still dropping out of resupply after day 900. Really? Let's just agree there shouldn't be any tokens smaller than heroics by the time we are 2 years in. If we haven't covered our 1* Spider-Man yet I think its safe to say that ship has sailed.